Technical Program Manager
Can you lead cross-team programs that deliver cutting edge software and services? Are you equally comfortable digging into business requirements and product planning, as drilling into technical architecture and design? Amazon's Digital Content and Commerce Platform division needs a Technical Program Manager to plan, design and execute large-scale global programs. The Digital Content and Commerce Platform team handles publishing and purchases of all digital content sold on Amazon.com such as Kindle eBooks, Amazon AppStore for Android, Amazon MP3, and Amazon Instant Video. We are looking for a Technical Program Manager to lead one of our key programs.
This role requires working with business owners and product managers across the organization to define strategy, requirements and timelines as well as lead cross functional development teams through design, delivery, management and support. This position involves regular communication with senior management on roadmaps, progress, risks and change control. Cross-team coordination, project management and executive presentation skills are essential.
The ideal candidate is an influential leader with superior analytical abilities across business and technology who shows tremendous attention to detail. This opportunity requires excellent program and product management, technical, problem-solving, and communication skills. Qualified candidates will have extensive experience building product roadmaps, writing detailed functional specifications, and delivering projects that meet rapidly evolving business needs.
- Product development experience (including Java, C++, XML, messaging protocols, and web services).
- Experience building processes, project management, and release schedules.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in internet-related programs and/or technical product management in a software applications environment.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or a related technical discipline.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels across multiple business units.
- Experience with agile or other program management methodologies.
- Experience with accounting, finance and tax systems.
- Master's degree in computer science, engineering or a related technical discipline.
- Prior experience as a software developer.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top