To meet the growing demand for AWS Services around the globe, the AWS Infrastructure Data Center Delivery team is looking for a dynamic, and entrepreneurial Technical Program Manger to manage the delivery and expansion of Critical Infrastructure Capacity initiatives across AWS. By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
You will lead diverse, cross-functional, and technical teams from conceptual design feasibility through requirements ideation, budget development, and program/project execution. Along the way, you will use your judgment, negotiation skills and ability to influence, analytical talent, technical aptitude, and leadership to collaborate with a diverse set of stakeholders across multiple time zones, manage capital budgets, eliminate non-value-add activity, and find creative ways to accelerate project delivery.
Candidates need to be highly comfortable managing remote project delivery teams with an emphsis on the EMEA region, being able to earn trust with a diverse set of stakeholders across multiple time zones, can keenly assess risk, anticipate issues, overcome obstacles, and find creative ways to accelerate projects when possible.
Successful candidates will have strong program management expertise, raising the bar in a variety of project management tools, methodologies and techniques for all phases of the project lifecycle with particular focus on critical path management and core project management disciplines including; scope, schedule, budget/resources, quality and risk management, reporting and metric development/tracking.
This position requires 25% Travel (to include International trips to AWS Data Center Clusters).
• Bachelor's Degree AND 5+ years of program management experience OR 7+ years of program management experience (experience can be substituted for degree)
• 3+ years experience in core project management disciplines including scope, schedule, budget, quality, along with risk and critical path management
• 1+ years experience supporting technical and/or engineering projects as a Project/Program Manager
• Experience with MS Project, MS Office, and MS Sharepoint
• Master's Degree or advanced professional degree
• Critical Infrastructure experience (Design, Construction, or Maintenance Phases)
• Data Centre Infrastructure (Power & Cooling) experience.
• Excellent writing skills with ability to simply navigate technical concepts and ideas.
• Proven experience in prioritizing and managing large scale enterprise projects using project management tools
• Demonstrated experience driving overall strategy and teams across organizations
• Managing projects across the EMEA region
"Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates."
Amazon is committed to create a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age. European Commission Equal Opportunities.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.