Technical Program Manager - Enterprise Engineering Identity
- Seattle, WA
The AWS Enterprise Engineering Identity team is looking for an experienced Technical Program Manager (TPM) to join our team in Seattle. You should have a background in LEAN/Agile working, Digital Application and Dev/Ops working practices. The Team you will be joining is tasked with developing and supporting new and existing applications that Amazonians use on a daily basis, and have company wide exposure.
Developing and building core technologies for AWS, this role will challenge you to apply what you already know, apply it in new ways and accept new challenges. The Team uses only Native AWS technologies, so has unrestricted access to the AWS Toolbox to create the best solutions for our internal Customers using the latest technologies.
We are looking for a TPM who has experience working in a busy environment, delivering across multiple projects with tight timelines. This role is customer-facing for key internal identity tools, so experience in working closely with customers and providing regular updates is essential.
You should have experience working with full stack teams across a diverse range of technologies.
• Drive the roadmap for the team in alignment with business strategies and priorities.
• Prioritize the intake and manage the backlog of requests.
• Act as the technical interface between your team and partner teams.
• Run in front of the team, helping define user stories, research appropriate technical solutions, and provide guidance to the team on architecture and priorities.
• Translate feature requests into technical specifications, and influence architectural decisions
• Apply project management and Agile methodology skills to manage scope, plan work, coordinate resources on tasks, analyze risks/develop mitigation strategies, and proactively identify and resolve issues.
• Help make the right feature trade-offs to ship without compromising customer experience or business relevance.
• Engage with many teams across the company, evangelizing the team and your projects, building relationships and helping to identify existing components and technologies that can be leveraged to deliver on our goals.
• Provide leadership and perspective, and drive stakeholders to decisions in ambiguous situations.
• Apply continuous improvement methodologies to analyze and understand existing processes and workflows
• Exposure to Authentication and Authorization Solutions a plus: OAuth 2.0 & OIDC, SAML MFA, FIDO2, JWT
Technology Stacks used by Team:
• Programming Languages: Java, C, C++
• Experience: AWS CodeDeploy
• Unit, Integration and End to End testing
• Selenium, Cucumber, Jest Testing Frameworks
• AWS: CloudFormation, DynamoDB, Lambda
• LDAP, Active Directory, Kerberos
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
• 3+ years of technical program management experience.
• 3+ years of experience managing complex projects or programs.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong background of Agile delivery teams ways of working and techniques.
• Solid foundation in building and operating large scale micro-services based distributed systems.
• Experience managing complex and cross-functional projects with aggressive schedules and scarce resources.
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical peers.
• Strong Knowledge of professional engineering practices & best practices for the full life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and work with engineering leaders to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
• Able to work independently, appreciate diverse perspectives, enjoys tackling ambiguous yet complex problems, and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to code in at least one programming language.
• Previous work experience as a software engineer.
• Quantitative analytical abilities.
• Experience with platforms, web services, APIs, cloud computing platforms and UX.
• Good working knowledge in the area of security, Authentication and Federated Single Sign On (SSO) Protocols such as SAML, OIDC and WS-FED.
• Agile/LEAN Working Practices
• Behavior-driven development
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top