Technical Program Manager – Elastic Compute Operations
We are looking for an experienced technical project manager to coordinate the work done by the team responsible for operating and scaling Amazon Web Services (AWS) compute products to our US Intelligence Community customers. This position will be highly customer centric, working directly with AWS service teams to plan and deploy new features and updated functionality to this customer set. You will lead the work to identify and execute on projects directly related to this fast-growing segment of the AWS business..
Ideal candidates have thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products and services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast. You must be a strong leader who can prioritize well and communicate clearly and compellingly. You must understand how to drive a high level of focus and excellence within a strong team. You will be responsible for coordinating projects delivered by an international team of software development, network, and security engineering teams. You will coordinate work to design, develop, and deliver tools and compute products and improve the life of our operators across the offering.
Responsibilities include strategic planning, executive and customer communication, engaging in and managing escalations, and project management for software and other deliverables within and across teams. The Amazon Web Services business requires creative engineering balanced with a strong quality and customer focus. You should have a proven ability to design and deliver infrastructure and processes to ensure robustness of a technical service in the face of failure around it.
This position requires that the applicant selected be a U.S. Citizen and obtain and maintain a TS/SCI US Government security clearance with polygraph. TS/SCI eligibility is not required to start; however, the applicant selected will be subject to a Single-Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified national security information. Applicants with a current SSBI, SBPR, or PPR, may be eligible for crossover in accordance with ICPG 704.4.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of Technical Program Management experience in a related industry
- 3+ years of coding experience in Java, C++, and Perl, or systems management experience commensurate with the position
- Experience managing efforts in Unix/Linux environments, distributed systems and/or developing large scale web applications
- Working knowledge of current web technologies
- Experience in at least one of the following disciplines: network, security, or software engineering.
- Knowledge of networking protocols such as HTTP, DNS, UDP, TCP, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top