Technical Program Manager
- Seattle, WA
Amazon World Wide Advertising - The Advertising Products group is at the center of Advertising for Amazon.com and our third party advertisers. We are innovating at the intersection of advertising and Ecommerce. We have built a platform for cutting edge advertisements that integrate video, social media and product information. We work with our clients to build new products and create impactful, effortless branding to be seen on Kindle, mobile and display. This team also leverages an immense amount of data to ensure clients are maximizing their dollars by optimizing and monetizing their campaigns.
We have a wide variety of groups that are working on technologies that range from User Experience/Front end to the Data Layer. We deal with complex technological problems and solve them with cutting edge technologies.
We work with distributed computing, scale and scaling issues, machine learning, big data as well as Machine Learning/Big Data (Hadoop) as well as cutting edge mobile/web technologies.
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java, or Perl
• 1+ year of MySQL or similar database experience
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance, scalability, and availability
• Experience with UI frameworks such as Spring MVC, GWT, jQuery, Swing, etc.
• Experience with Amazon Web Services
• 3+ years of experience in software development and full product life-cycles
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top