Technical Program Manager
- Seattle, WA
Does the challenge and ownership that comes from leading and driving large, cross-organizational projects and initiatives for one of the largest online marketplaces excite you? Did you know that Amazon already has a vibrant and thriving marketplace where 2.6 million sellers experience great success selling their products? We want to rapidly grow this marketplace in scale and geography. Do you enjoy working in an entrepreneurial environment solving complex technical problems and delivering innovative solutions? Come join us in taking the innovation in our sellers business and technology to the next level. Marketplace sellers worldwide on Amazon are collectively responsible for selling items ordered on Amazon. The business continues to be a growth engine year-over-year. We are looking for a Technical Program Manager to lead our mission to further empower Amazon marketplace sellers.
In this role you will work closely with stakeholders, software engineers and product teams to deliver our most complex, high quality, scalable products deployed around the world. You will collaborate with the product teams to deliver the best product with most efficient use of resources and technologies. You will work with all the stakeholders to assemble project teams, assign responsibilities, identify appropriate resources needed, and develop schedules to ensure timely completion of projects by meeting project milestones. You will also assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, make tradeoffs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints and encourage risk taking behavior to maximize business benefit. Successful candidates will have a technical background, be detail driven and have excellent problem solving abilities. You should not only be passionate about delivering extensible, on-time solutions, but should also be obsessed with contributing to the development of high-performance teams through rigorous goal-setting, disciplined attention to performance metrics, and continuous process improvement.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
• 7+ years of relevant work experience in Technical Program and/or Product Management or leading software development projects with aggressive schedules.
• Proficient knowledge of Project/Program Management principles and processes.
• 3+ years experience working with cross functional technical teams and business units to design, develop, and implement new systems or solutions.
• Familiarity with agile methodologies.
• Success delivering products/services in a high-growth environment, exhibiting strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous customer-focused problems
• High attention to detail with proven ability to juggle multiple, competing priorities simultaneously and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Ability to take raw product requirements and create software architectures and designs to bring them to life.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work successfully with teams across the organization, including Engineering, Program Management, Quality Assurance, and Senior Leadership
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and opinions.
Back to top