Technical Program Manager - Data Platform
- San Francisco, CA
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We're always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role:
Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment. The Data Platform organization develops and operates the platform that powers Twitch's data systems and decision-making. At present, our event pipeline ingests nearly 3 trillion events each month, and we forward live data to teams across the company to power decision-making throughout the company. We provide tools to store, transform, move, and understand data.
We are looking for a senior technology program owner who can drive complex cross-functional data programs and has experience delivering scalable products. You'll collaborate in a truly interdisciplinary environment, with engineering, product, and data colleagues, and business and legal stakeholders across the company, all of whom are passionate, and are eager to better integrate data into their tools and strategies. You will directly report to the Director of Engineering leading our Data Platform organization.
• Own and drive the process to plan, prioritize, and deliver new products, features, critical maintenance, or deprecating systems that are no longer needed. These efforts require you to work with multiple teams across platform and product organizations.
• Lead Sprint activities, helping teams remove blockers, handle dependencies, and resolve prioritization conflicts.
• Interface with engineers, data analysts, and legal to establish and manage data privacy and governance efforts to ensure we capture high-quality, compliant data across our platform.
• Provide technical transparency through clear and concise summaries for the programs you own to multiple audiences, including senior leadership.
• Foster a constructive dialogue, harmonize conflicting views, and lead resolution of contentious issues
• Help plan, execute, communicate project progress within your roadmap.
• 4+ years of industry experience implementing and delivering data initiatives as a technical manager, program, developer lead, or equivalent.
• Experience in creating and managing complex, cross-team project plans; prior success in driving execution of large-scale project plans with multiple teams in support of business goals.
• SQL and Data Analysis proficiency.
• Experience with JIRA/Confluence(using JIRA APIs a plus).
• Demonstrated track record of cultivating strong working relationships and driving collaboration across multiple product and platform teams.
• Experience with partner relationship management
• Effective communication (written and verbal) with technical and non-technical stakeholders across various business units and executives.
• Curiosity to dig several layers deep into technical solutions with an eye toward continuous improvement.
• Experience with data pipelines and infrastructure
• Understanding of gaming, streaming, and online entertainment
• BS degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience in software / web development
• Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
• 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
• Flexible PTO
• Commuter Benefits
• Amazon Employee Discount
• Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.),
• Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
• Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top