Technical Program Manager
- Seattle, WA
Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products. We are highly motivated, collaborative and team. We are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
The Ad Campaign Management and Publishing pipeline enables advertisers to create and manage their campaigns in self-service manner and real-time publishing of advertising catalog changes to ad serving systems. This is a high scale distributed storage system handling thousands of requests-per-second, a large (TB) catalog size with millions of entities published updates/day. The system supports Campaign Management for Sponsored Products (SP) and Sponsored Brands (SB). It is an extremely large scale, distributed, and highly available system.
As a Sr. Technical Program Manager, you will be 100% focused on the customer, understanding their needs and requirements, plus anticipating future trends that will serve their needs. You will also be excellent at driving results, being able to coordinate large, multi-functional projects on-time, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance business needs versus technical constraints. You are involved in defining or reviewing the systems-level technical design of your projects and balance near term business need with long term implications for Amazon. You rationalize technical requirements and business priorities in cross-functional teams. You manage cross-functional communication to ensure all business and technical stakeholder's needs are aligned.
The right candidate will possess a strong program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large products and projects, and will have a well-rounded background in current web technologies. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence and leadership are essential to success in this role. You will be data-driven and analytical. You constantly strive to expand our understanding of the metrics that drive our business and growth aspirations. Lastly, your communication skills - both verbal and written - are excellent, and you will be able to clearly communicate at all levels in the organization, including senior management. If managing initiatives that span multiple teams motivates you, then we would love to hear from you!
• System design experience
• 5+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience managing programs across cross functional teams, building processes and coordinating release schedules
• Experience driving roadmap strategy and definition
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• 10+ years Technical Program Management experience in digital advertising, online services or related industry
• Bachelors degree
• Experience defining projects, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional and test specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule and deploy new features sets
• Experience in analyzing cost/benefit of feature selection
• Experience in on-time and on-budget delivery of large complex software or hardware projects.
• Ability to operate and thrive with partial information and ambiguity
• Excellent time management, resource management and planning skills
• Ability to proactively identify upcoming risks, issues, and bottlenecks and resolve issues that sometimes cross departmental boundaries
• Ability to communicate effectively (both verbal and written) with stakeholders
• Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
• Strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, high attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
• Strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a goals driven work environment, high attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs and evaluate new ideas with internal and external partners.
• Proven analytical thinking, skills in metrics creation and project management, and exceptional organizational skills
• Master's Degree in Computer Science/Math or related field.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top