Technical Program Manager
- Pune, India
You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We're a company that isn't afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too. This position offers exceptional opportunities for every candidate to grow their technical and non-technical skills. If you are selected, you have the opportunity to really make a difference to our business by inventing, enhancing and building world class systems, delivering results, working on exciting and challenging projects.
This role is inherently cross-functional and requires the ability to think big and collaborate with others as you work closely with teams across engineering, operations, finance, and business. Responsibilities include collection of systems requirements from customers across Zappos, conceptualize idea, write specifications, drive project schedules from design to release, manage the production launch, support post launch.
You will lead and coordinate design/implementation efforts between internal teams and partners to develop optimal solutions. You will be expected to make appropriate trade-offs to optimize release schedules, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and local or remote project teams.
We are looking for an experienced technical program manager that is motivated to solve business challenges by leveraging tech solutions across teams and power business success. You will be responsible for driving a variety of Zappos Analytics initiatives to new heights in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment, which encourages you to wear many hats during the development and deployment of technology solutions. The right candidate will possess a strong program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects in analytics space, and will have a well-rounded technical background in current technologies. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. You will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent, and leadership are essential to success in this role. You will be comfortable with a degree of ambiguity and display high levels of bias for action, ownership and dive deep.
Additional responsibilities may include:
• Providing analytical network support to improve quality and standard work results
• Root cause research to identify process breakdowns within departments and providing data through use of various skill sets to find solutions to breakdown
• Foster culture of continuous engineering improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Math, Statistics, Finance, Computer Science, or related industry experience
• Proficiency analytics tools like Tableau/Quicksight/Similar tool, Microsoft Excel to include making charts, data manipulation, pivot tables, creating macros, and visual basic knowledge
• Ability to write SQL scripts for analysis
• Experience using one or more Python, VBA, MATLAB, Java, C++ programming languages
• Experience with agile or other program management methodologies
• Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals
• Proven analytical thinking, project management skills, attention to detail, and exceptional organizational skills
• Experience working with a cross-functional team across product, business, finance, and engineering teams to meet aggressive goals
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is needed and deliver initiatives from conception through completion
• Curiosity to dig several layers deep into technical solutions with an eye toward continuous improvement
• Prior experience in analytics environment
• Experience with an e-commerce, consultancy or big data company
Back to top