Are you ready to pursue some of the hardest scalability, performance, and distributed computing challenges in AWS? Our team's vision is to be the world's authoritative provider of AWS computing insights, where customers can understand, control and optimize usage of AWS products.
Because we sit at the nexus of all AWS services and interact directly with end-customers, we build relationships with teams across AWS to ensure that we offer a secure and reliable customer experience. We take inputs from these services and merge them with the millions of events every second to produce actionable insight to our customers.
Providing a scalable platform to support AWS' expanding business is a complex architectural challenge, and accurate cost and usage information is a critical piece. Enterprise-level customers make large dollar-value decisions based on the timeliness, accuracy, and detail of the data provided by our products.
As a Program Manager for AWS Insights, you will own the development and implementation for the Cloud Center of Excellence program focused on applying cutting-edge cost management practices and products across our teams dogfooding - as well as sister teams.
• Develop your skills and advance your career at one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere
• Solve big problems with the possibility externalizing them to customers
• Influence customer experience for AWS' large services base.
• Collaborate with a diverse set of partner engineering teams based in Seattle, NYC, Vancouver, and Berlin
What You'll Do?
• Be the founding member for the Cloud Center of Excellence.
• Work in a fast-paced, global environment, and influence a wide range of engineers and Commerce Platform professionals
• Help your team create best outcomes with data, conviction, and diplomacy
• Create and execute roadmaps and project plans
• Report on program and project progress and status consistently and in a transparent way
• Foster a culture of continuous improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics
• Own all operational metrics and support for the programs you support
• Work across multiple resources and orchestrate multiple activities at once to get things done
• Report on the status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to senior leadership
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, project reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/
• Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to drive improvements
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field
• Experience managing programs or products in support of large scale, multi-geographical, high-growth organization
• 5+ years of experience delivering cross functional projects and executing against program requirements
• 5+ years of experience in program or project management and working on multiple programs at once
• Experience with agile or other program management methodologies
• Exceptional project and program management skills with capacity to manage a large number competing priorities simultaneously and work to tight deadlines
• Certified Project/Program Management credentials
• Able to independently influence and resolve conflict with others
• Excellent interpersonal skill: ability to effectively lead and work with a variety of organizations, management levels, cultures, and personalities
• Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results: operational excellence mindset and data driven
• Exceptional communication (both written and verbal) skills; excellent at communicating with both technical and non-technical stakeholders, and ability to develop executive level messaging, report and presentations
• Success working across organizational boundaries, and bringing together people with diverse perspectives and experience to find solutions
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Experience with the AWS Cost Management Platform and the AWS Well Architected Framework for Cost Optimization
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visithttps://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.