Technical Program Manager, AWS Security
- Herndon, VA
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), Security is our highest priority. AWS Security is responsible for driving innovative enhancements that raise the bar for how AWS employees interact with resources, systems, and data. At AWS' scale, we must invent new security tools to enable system administrators and developers to build rapidly, while maintaining least privileged access. We are looking for a passionate, innovative, results oriented individual to manage and execute various programs to improve AWS' overall security posture.
The successful candidate is one who loves working directly with software developers to understand their needs, and design security systems and solutions that enable developers to operate more quickly. You are passionate about the security of the cloud and you want to solve real business problems. We are looking for leaders who like to solve problems, and remove obstacles. We have a team culture that encourages innovation and we expect team members and management alike to take high degree of ownership for their program vision and execution of ideas. You will have the opportunity to engage with systems that are at the cutting edge of technology. You will work directly with AWS service teams, infrastructure and administrative teams to identify opportunities to improve AWS' security posture. You will design and build tooling, drive process improvements and work with service owners and cutting edge technology to develop innovative solutions to complex technical challenges. You can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery. You are proactive in removing roadblocks, and can handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. You will be a positive influencer across diverse teams, be able to effectively rally support for your initiatives and be able to help deeply technical teams create simple solutions to meet your program goals. You are able to handle business escalations with a data-driven approach to build trust with engineers and Sr. leaders.
As a TPM in AWS Security you will be responsible for a set of long term security outcomes. Your day to day job responsibilities will include:
• Identifying functional and technical requirements collecting inputs from business, security, and technical teams
• Building technical designs and program plans to implement desired security outcomes
• Working across teams at AWS to refine your plans and obtain buy-in
• Executing the program, providing status to engineers, Sr. leaders, and Sr. executives on a regular basis
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• 3+ years of experience in technical leadership roles; technical program management, systems architecture, or system development
• 3+ years of experience with software development lifecycle from conception to delivery
• 2+ years of project management experience and demonstrated knowledge of program management best practices
• 2+ years of experience with engagement and working with security stakeholders
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or other related fields
• Have a clear understanding of cloud computing services/deployment architecture
• Have experience leading a highly technical team
• Demonstrate innovative security approaches in non-traditional IT environments
• Have experience generating automated metrics to measure service and program effectiveness and consistency
• Have experience driving security programs
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
• Have experience in the development of security products
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top