The AWS Enterprise Support team is seeking a Technical Program Manager for our operational Peak Events. The mission of the Peak Events team is to ensure the availability and reliability of AWS services in use for Amazon large scale events. We coordinate capacity planning, risk management, issue escalation, and control room staffing for events. We own readiness communication, documentation, and overall program management.
The right candidate will possess a program management background, will have demonstrated experience working large operational events, and will have a well-rounded technical background in current web technologies. You can thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or multiple competing priorities. This means you can roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
As a TPM, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent, and leadership are essential to success in this role.
This role must be based in Pacific Time Zone or Arizona.
- 3+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
- 3+ years of technical program management experience
- Bachelor's degree in related technical field (or equivalent work experience)
- Experience managing projects across cross functional teams and building sustainable processes
- Experience managing efforts in Unix/Linux environments, distributed systems and/or large-scale web applications.
- Fluency and comfort with business applications such as Word, Excel, Power Point, and Project.
- Master's degree or advanced technical degree
- Experience defining KPI's/SLA's used to drive multi-million dollar businesses
- Able to travel up to 20% domestically
- The ability to comfortably and confidently present to various levels within the enterprise and to work with both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Proven track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.