Technical Program Manager- Amazon Kids, International Expansion
- Seattle, WA
The Amazon Kids and Family team builds new products and services for children and their caregivers. Our flagship products, Amazon Kids and Amazon Kids+, are available across Amazon Fire Tablets, FireTV, Echo devices, Kindles and 3P mobile apps. Our world-class controls give adults a piece of mind while thousands of the most popular titles and age-appropriate content gives children endless fun. Here's more information: http://www.amazon.com/kidsplus.
We are working on bringing our product globally, with the potential to transform children's lives. As a Technical Program Manager responsible for launching Amazon Kids products internationally, you will help bring delight to children around the world.
You will be responsible for scoping and delivering large projects end-to-end. Responsibilities include collection of business and systems requirements from internal and external customers, writing specifications, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing the production launch. You will lead and coordinate design/implementation efforts between internal teams and partner teams within the broader Devices organization, to develop optimal solutions. You will be expected to make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams.
The right candidate will possess a strong program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects, and will have a well-rounded technical background. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. You will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications and deliver results in a timely fashion are essential. High judgment, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are key to the success in this role.
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with senior leadership and both technical and non-technical individuals
• Comfortable working in an agile, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
• Prior experience or good understanding of other cultures and working styles
• Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow through on projects
• Maturity, judgment, and proven ability to lead and influence others.
• Independently driven, resourceful, and able to deliver results with minimal direction.
Back to top