Technical Program Manager - Amazon Alexa
Interested in the speech and language understanding technology that powers the Alexa experience? Come work on it! We're building the speech and language solutions behind the Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. We're working hard, having fun, and making history; come join us!
Our spoken language understanding team is looking for a customer-focused Technical Program Manager with skills that span data-driven research, software engineering, and product vision. In this role you will:
- Drive the integration of science and engineering in the speech understanding platform, owning the technical agenda, planning and execution.
- Manage partnerships with the teams building Alexa capabilities to ensure high quality end-user experiences
- Plan customer solutions from the data – dive deep into experience data to identify problems and push for solutions
- Find the opportunities for multiplying innovation across different customers, investing individual technology advances into the core science and platforms;
- Continuously improve the internal processes and customer engagement models to streamline and accelerate the delivery of new technology.
- 4+ years' experience in product development (including service architectures and object-oriented programming)
- Multiple cycles of hand-on program management (or technical product management) of multi-team projects throughout the lifecycle from planning through execution to release
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or a related technical discipline
- Experience with Automatic Speech Recognition, Natural Language Understanding / Processing or other machine learning technologies
- Ability to write scripts and tools to access usage data and generate reports and analysis
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Proven results from establishing and optimizing software engineering processes for different organizations/environments
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
- Fast learner on new technologies, especially machine learning approaches
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to generate and communicate meaningful metrics
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top