Technical Program Manager
- Hyderabad, India
Payroll Technology at Amazon is all about enabling our business to perform at scale as efficiently as possible with no defects. As Amazon's workforce grows, both in size and geography, Amazon's payroll operations become increasingly complex, and our customers are asked to do more with less. Process can only get them so far, and that's where we come in with technology solutions to integrate and automate systems, detect defects before payment, and provide insights.
As a TPM on our team, you will be responsible for leading the prioritizing and owning roadmap, defining clear requirements, making design decisions, planning and achieving the delivery dates, and launch of some of the core product features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices to delivery high quality products. The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrated track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. You will tackle large complex projects, document complex business rules in a highly distributed team, and understand service-oriented architecture. create reliable, scalable, secure products for our customers in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
The position is a unique blend of technology and business. It is a dynamic, challenging, and exciting opportunity for a proactive, independent team player that thrives on delivering superior service to our Payroll Ops customer. The ideal candidate has wide ranging experience across project/program management, stakeholder management, integration, and internally built applications.
This position requires that you are a significant and autonomous contributor. Your work is consistently high quality. You solve complex problems, applying appropriate technologies and best practices. Your focus is on designing, developing and effectively applying automated solutions that test major portions of software (e.g., significant component, set of features, mid-size application, service, etc.). You prevent and find defects early. You apply software testing techniques, such as equivalence class partitioning, boundary value testing, etc. You build complete test and/or measurement solutions (e.g., performance, load, scalability, usability, etc.) You use data from testing, deployment, and production to measure quality and provide actionable improvement to the product. You are proficient in a broad range of design approaches and know when it is appropriate to make trade-offs. Your solutions are pragmatic. You plan large scale complex projects, with stakeholders spread globally, manage the delivery plan, and send detailed status reports.
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• 5+ years in product/program management
• Bachelors Degree or above
• Proven track record of owning and delivering innovative experiences to customers.
• Demonstrated ability to translate customer needs into business and product requirements.
• Proven track record of working with cross category stakeholders.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and evaluate outcomes.
• Bias for action; Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, manage, and prioritize multiple projects.
• Innovative; loves to challenge status quo and reinvent on behalf of our customers.
• Proven track record of building strong processes to scale business
• Works autonomously and a instills the highest level of bias for action
• 5+ years Technical Program management
• Hands on experience on Design Patterns
• Product ownership (enhancement requests, improvements)
• Has worked directly with technology teams to implement systemic improvements
• Large Scale change management experience
• Owned and delivered large projects
Back to top