Technical Program Manager
- Milan, Italy
EC2 Accelerated Nitro
As an organization, we believe in making a big difference in people's lives. We do so by building ground technology that enables innovation to solve complex challenges. We engineer pioneering virtualization software that serves as the foundation to driving innovation efficiently, and nimbly. We influence the different layers of the stack, while attentively listening to our customers input. EC2 Accelerated Nitro is the organization that crafts and releases the hypervisors that power the EC2 Nitro fleet, and that drives the engineering parts of the EC2 Accelerated Computing business. We build highly operable quiescent hypervisors that provide near bare metal performance to EC2 instances. We also integrate hardware accelerators (GPUs, FPGAs, etc.) into the EC2 instance families to support advanced workloads, such as machine learning, high performance computing, inference or graphics processing.
Are you interested in leading complex, cross-organizational programs that build the very core of one of the largest cloud platforms? EC2 (Elastic Compute Cloud) redefines the fundamental economics of large scale computing. We constantly push boundaries to offer our customers the most innovative, cost-effective compute products.
As a TPM you will manage our portfolio of programs. These require coordination across several engineering and business teams, and are large impact projects with visibility to the highest levels of the company. You will need to make prioritization calls across the portfolio that require both keen business and technical judgment, escalate effectively, and drive process and tooling improvements to drive greater transparency and efficiency.
You must have strong path finding skills, solid business judgment, and demonstrated experience leading cross-functional teams. We are looking for a proven ability to execute both strategically and tactically, and someone who is excited to take on new, ambiguous projects. This position requires significant technical background, and be customer-focused with a passion for the cloud.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Lead initiatives and work closely with teams across the organization, including hardware, software, and network engineering, as well as product management, data center operations, supply chain, procurement, and capacity management.
• Work closely with service owners and partner teams to understand product roadmaps, and drive overall new product introduction schedules.
• Collaborate with partner teams to define deliverables, roadmaps, and accompanying documentation for ad-hoc projects and programs.
• Anticipate bottlenecks, manage risk and escalations, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
• Clearly communicate with technical owners, product managers, and senior leadership.
• Drive process and tooling improvements to increase visibility, throughput and output quality.
• 3+ years of applicable project management, or similar business experience.
• Demonstrable experience developing and implementing process improvements.
• Proven experience leading cross-organizational programs and ability to set and hold teams and individuals to timelines and deliverables without explicit authority.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with agile techniques.
• Solid knowledge on Linux operating systems.
• Good understanding of Linux and hypervisors.
• Basic programming skills in Ruby, Python or Perl.
• Experience with Linux and ability to write command line scripts.
• Master's Degree.
• German language NOT required.
Back to top