Technical Program Manager
- Bengaluru, India
Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
As a Sr Technical Program Manager (TPM) you would be required to monitor the overall project progress, anticipate risks, resolve issues and initiate corrective action as appropriate. The successful candidate will have experience in managing complex projects, and have the ability to influence cross functional stakeholders to implement initiatives supporting the objectives.
The candidate should demonstrate high attention to detail, including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities. Ability to deal with ambiguous situations and collaborate with the stakeholders to deliver results will be crucial for success in this role. This role requires an individual with expertise in program management, along with excellent analytical and communication abilities. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, with strong attention to detail, vocally self-critical, with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical field
- 12+ years' experience with complex technology projects involving data analysis, software engineering and program management
- Prior experience with agile methodologies
- Experience with project delivery for large, cross functional projects
- Experience developing Internet products and technologies
- Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills, and tools to perform analysis. Ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop project business cases.
- High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications.
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, schedule tradeoffs and opportunistic new ideas with technical employees.
- Should be able to think strategically and execute methodically and tactically.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up ones sleeves to get the job done.
• Experience with managing technical solutions for Ads domain
• Prior experience in working with ML/Data Science teams
• Experience building and launching consumer software products for web, mobile or desktop platforms •
• A deep understanding of the SDLC and consistent record of achieving program objectives on schedule, on budget and meeting quality criteria
Back to top