Technical Program Manager
Does the challenge and ownership that comes from leading and driving large, cross-organizational projects and initiatives for one of the largest online marketplaces excite you? Did you know that Amazon already has a dynamic and fast-growing marketplace where 2.6 million sellers experience great success selling their products? We want to rapidly grow this marketplace in scale and geography. Do you love working in an entrepreneurial environment solving complex technical problems and delivering creative solutions?
Come join us in taking the innovation in our sellers business and technology to the next level. Marketplace sellers worldwide on Amazon are collectively responsible for selling items ordered on Amazon. The business continues to be a growth engine year-over-year. We are looking for a Technical Program Manager to lead our mission to further empower Amazon marketplace sellers.
In this role you will collaborate with stakeholders, software engineers and product teams to deliver our most complex, high quality, scalable products deployed around the world. You will work with all of them to craft project teams, assign responsibilities, identify appropriate resources needed, and develop schedules to ensure timely completion of projects by meeting project landmarks. You will also assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, establish escalation criteria a, make tradeoffs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints and inspire risk taking behavior to maximize business benefit.
You will have a technical background, be detail driven and have strong problem solving abilities. You should not only be passionate about delivering extensible, on-time solutions, but should also be committed to the development of high-performance teams through rigorous goal-setting, focused attention to performance metrics, and continuous process improvement.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in Technical Program and/or Product Management or leading software development projects with tight schedules.
- Knowledge of Project/Program Management principles and processes.
- 3+ years of experience working with cross functional technical teams and business units to design, develop, and implement new systems or solutions.
- Familiarity with agile methodologies.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, engineering or similar technical field.
- Prior experience as a Software Development Engineer.
- A demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects.
- Experience with cross geographical project coordination and management.
- Experience communicating with technical and non-technical partners across multiple business units.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer -
Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top