Technical Program Manager
- Austin, TX
The Global IT Deployment organization manages the IT Infrastructure scope of a complex suite of projects and is responsible for the delivery of initiatives across business teams and operations groups within Amazon Fulfillment IT. Our projects deliver on the solutions that power the physical fulfillment of our customers' orders. This includes management of technology projects and initiatives across the globe which directly supports shipping packages to millions of Amazon.com customers across the world.
As a TPM on our intake team, you will lead assist customers in selecting solutions to fit their needs and provide technical guidance to project initiation requests. You will also lead pilot projects and build documentation for programs to deploy at scale. In this role, you will work closely with cross-functional partners to deliver value to the customer. Projects and stakeholders will be in disparate geographic locations, and require strong communication skills to coordinate requirements from customers within teams across your region. You will focus on planning and initiation efforts within the organization, working directly with customers to collect requirements, analyze business case and organize reviews with internal teams. You will also be responsible for governance and reporting as it relates to your region.
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university.
• 5+ years of experience managing large global IT projects from initiation to closure.
• Experience with core IT infrastructure components and service concepts.
• Experience managing conflict, escalations, negotiating compromise and influencing others and problem solving.
• Intermediate-level knowledge in one or more of the following: LAN, WAN, Wireless, Telecommunications, Systems Administration, Low voltage data cabling, or data facilities technologies
• Master's Degree from an accredited university
• PMP Certification
• 4 years of experience managing IT projects from initiation to closure
• Experience with procurement of IT equipment
• Ability to successfully manage cross-functional projects involving multiple stakeholders and varying levels of management
• Experience as a leader and mentor for project teams in a matrixed environment
• Experience in distribution, manufacturing, logistics, or other warehouse environments
• Previous experience in a technical support role (Network Engineer, System Administrator, etc.)
• Proficiency with MS Project, Excel, and SharePoint
• Strong oral and written communication skills
Back to top