Technical Program Manager
- Cupertino, CA
Amazon Pay makes it simple for hundreds of millions of customers around the globe to pay for products and services using the information already stored in their Amazon accounts. We are a highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving team building a high growth business. We are entrepreneurial and have a bias for action with a broad mandate to experiment and innovate. This is an opportunity to make a significant impact on the future of the Amazon vision.
Amazon Pay is looking for self started TPM to join the team. You will be accountable for driving the entire product lifecycle, from product definition through specification, coding, quality assurance and launch to the world. You will get an opportunity to influence Amazon technical architecture across multiple orgs, establish and own a roadmap. This role requires working with across product teams as well as Governance, Risk, and Compliance business units to define strategy and requirements. This TPM also need to communicate regularly with senior management (directors and VPs) on status, risks and help needed. Cross-team collaboration, agile project management, data analysis, and executive communication skills are essential.
Qualified candidates have experience defining projects, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional and test specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule, and deploy new features sets as well as analyzing cost/benefit of feature selection and communicating results throughout the organization.
Knowledge of the following is required: service-oriented architecture, product development life cycle, release processes, agile project management. The ideal candidate will have 10 or more years of relevant work experience in e-commerce related project and/or technical product management in a software applications environment. An undergraduate degree in software-product management, computer science, or equivalent experience is required.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
• 8+ years of relevant industry engineering experience (IT/Software)
• 4+ years of program or project management experience
• Has experience in conflict management, stakeholder management, risk management, negotiation, dependency management and should be able to work in fast paced environment.
• Prior experience in leading big projects/programs with end to end SDLC. Agile experience is an added advantage.
• Deep hands-on technical expertise
• A passion for people management and mentorship.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong business and technical vision
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
• Experience with large scale distributed systems
• Project management experience with cross functional geographically distributed teams.
Back to top