Are you passionate about engineering excellence? Do you excel in a fast-paced environment collaborating with world class technical leaders? Do you obsess over customers and delivering innovative new products and services? If so, AWS Enterprise Engineering wants to meet you! We are looking for a self-motivated Technical Program Manager (TPM) with strong interpersonal skills and experience leading large scale initiatives. The successful candidate will manage technical projects and workstreams within our systems and software engineering group, maintain critical services used by tens of thousands of Amazonian teams, and drive new innovation by working with customers to develop greenfield solutions for Amazon's evolving needs.
AWS Enterprise Engineering is an internal IT organization dedicated to improving the productivity of all Amazon employees through well scaled, highly available enterprise solutions. As Amazon meets the challenges of constant growth, Enterprise Engineering is the key organization that will ensure Amazon's productivity platform needs are well integrated, streamlined, and effective for driving business results.
As a Technical Program Manager (TPM), you will be responsible for driving and delivering multiple complex projects simultaneously. In this role, you will provide project leadership, anticipate bottlenecks, mitigate project risks, quantify the impact of making tradeoffs, and balance business needs against technical constraints. You will provide technical leadership that gets software applications built and integrated into the AWS ecosystem. You will work closely with stakeholders across various design, software and business teams to identify and drive innovative solutions that achieve business goals and align with long-term product roadmaps.
Our ideal candidate will have a strong PM/TPM background, with demonstrated experience leading cross-organizational technical program management of Cloud infrastructure & DevOps projects, and will have a deep technical background in building services in Cloud leveraged by many.
• 4+ years of Technical Program Management experience in a related industry
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
• Thorough understanding of software development lifecycle from conception to delivery
• Knowledge of service-oriented architecture, object oriented development, build processes, change control management and release models.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication, and comfortable presenting in large groups and handling high-pressure communication with senior management
• Experience with managing large cross-functional projects
• A proven track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
• Able to collect, analyze and present data sets support project goals and initiatives
• Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills, successful track record of coordinating between multiple project stakeholders, technical program managers, and software development teams.
• Experience in creating and managing complex, cross-team project plans; prior success in driving execution of large-scale project plans with multiple teams in support of business goals.
• Hands-on experience with agile methodologies and proven leadership skills.
• Technical program management experience in managed IT services, Cloud services industry preferred
• CSM, PMP or related certification with strong skills in technical /non-technical documentation writing - Request for Proposals, Project scoping, SOW, Executive summaries, Status reports.
• Strong technical experience in AWS or related Cloud service offerings is preferred
or related Cloud service offerings
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us