Do you want to build the next generation of purchasing platforms powering Amazon's global retail business? Want to work with smart, dedicated engineers? Looking for opportunities that will help your career?
If so then this is the role for you!
At the heart of Amazon.com's tremendous selection, world class shopping experience and fulfillment is the Ordering team. The software we write and the systems we own power the ability to order anything from a pin to a piano with the click of a mouse! Every aspect of Amazon's retail business interacts with our systems. We're the hub of Amazon's massive, worldwide service-oriented architecture and we power millions of orders everyday.
As a senior technical program manager within the e-Commerce Service Group at Amazon Seattle your role is to plan, manage, and deliver the next generation of e-Commerce solutions that drive Amazon retail purchasing.
The successful candidate will drive all parts of the program management and software delivery life-cycle; including scoping, planning, analysis, design, development, documentation, testing, launch, and operations. You must possess strong planning and organizational skills, and have excellent verbal and written communication skills. You will be self-driven and take pride in delivering high quality results in a fast paced environment.
• 5+ years of experience in technical program management, or similar technical leadership role
• 5+ years of experience with software development lifecycle from conception to delivery
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent professional experience
• Excellent program management skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent ability to coordinate and contribute to the design of systems within program space to include limitations, scaling, boundary conditions, and architectural decision making process
• Experienced in delivering products against plan in a fast-paced, multi-disciplined, distributed-responsibility and often ambiguous environment
• Proven experience in managing large scale enterprise projects
• Solid foundation in understanding service oriented architecture and service inter-dependencies that drive technical solutions for multi-tiered systems
• Experience solving challenging engineering problems with multiple constraints
• Experience managing the lifecycle of a complex cross-functional program with considerable impact
• Experience driving overall strategy and teams across organizations
• Experience working independently to design, plan, and execute technical projects; able to distill data and articulate rationale for making difficult trade-offs
• Demonstrated deep knowledge of technical program management and engineering best practices