Technical Program Manager
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead.
We are building a small team of passionate people focused on changing the world for the better. We are starting from scratch, we are going to be scrappy, and we are going to focus on taking care of people. We are going to apply the same principles that made Amazon great especially Customer Obsession and Think Big, into a new vertical. We are looking for smart, passionate people who have a strong sense of ownership and strong engineering mindset. If you want your work to positively impact the lives of millions of people and you're up for a challenge, let's talk.
We are looking for a Technical Program Manager/Scrum Master who can help us shape the future. We want someone with passion to innovate, who likes working backwards from the customer, and tackling complex ambiguous problems. The successful candidate has strong technical project management experience in digital products and services and is a certified Scrum Master. You will drive the product development lifecycle and execution. You must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, be self-driven and detail-oriented, and deliver high quality results in a fast paced environment. We're looking for people who are smart and get things done. You will:
- Organize and conduct daily Stand Up meetings; provide timely resolution of any impediments faced by the team members
- Drive and manage sprint planning and execution which includes identification of dependencies, the management of project progress and provide status & visibility
- Work with Product Management, UX/UI designers, and Engineers to plan ahead and ensure product backlog is prioritized, groomed, and has sufficient detail, so that it is ready to be worked on by Scrum teams to avoid any downtime, ambiguity or rework; assist the team in dividing user stories into more implementable sections
- Facilitate cross-functional Scrum teams that include Product Management, UX/UI Design, Engineering, and Stakeholders; identify and manage cross-team dependencies
- Create and maintain release burn downs, velocity projections and project forecasts in order to create project visibility and enable timely project adjustments
- Ensure high throughput of product, design, and engineering teams by identifying potential issues and roadblocks and working on preventing or eliminating them
- Organize and facilitate sprint review (demo) meetings to allow stakeholders to provide feedback on the product
- Manage daily bug triage, and ensure timely resolution and closure of logged defects
- Manage sprint retrospective meetings and ensure improvements are made in subsequent sprints
- Participate in release planning and deployment
- Facilitate the Scrum of Scrums meetings for cross-track issue identification and resolution
- Build and manage overall project plans across teams/products.
- Work backward to determine milestones that will help us meet our deadlines and deliverables
- Manage and present project plans and report on red, yellow, green status to leadership.
- Ensure that the project is on track in terms of scope of work, timeline, resources, quality and rate of progress
- Define and manage a well-defined project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 years relevant experience; Certified Scrum Master and/or at least 3 years' experience as an Active/Full time Scrum Master
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
- Knowledge of the underlying principles of web/mobile development, highly scalable systems, microservice system design, and systems operations
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units
- Ability to lead without authority by building relationships
- Strong listening skills
- Ability to facilitate discussions and lead effective meetings
- Ability to identify, own, and resolve issues; creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the "big picture" view
- Committed to continual improvement
- Able to inspire cross-functional team members to work together
- Able to effectively communicate orally and in writing
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- 2+ years in software development
- 2+ years in product management
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top