Technical Program Manager
- Mexico City, Mexico
Do colleagues consider you the perfect blend of technical savvy and business know-how? Are the needs of the customer always on the forefront of everything you do? Is seeing the big picture and how all the pieces interact exciting to you? Does driving to a shared mission for a world class product and company fit with your career goals? If we have described you, it's time for you to consider bringing your talents to Amazon's Partner Support and Solutions division as a Senior Technical Program Manager.
Why come to work for us? For our cutting edge help and support technologies - we are doing stuff that no one else does! Yes, it's that cool! Our goal is simple - provide world-class support to the over 2 million Amazon Sellers in 9 countries. Our Program Management Office (PMO) drives solutions to ensure Sellers are successful selling their products to more than 150 million Amazon customers - from listing their products, shipping their products, and receiving payments for products they sell. These solutions include the software platform and applications that our global Seller Support team uses to help Sellers resolve problems, our Contact-Us issue management and routing systems, and machine-learning solutions to proactively assist Sellers find the right answers.
By tapping into your innate problem solving ability, you help drive our mission to build Amazon's next generation software solutions for our Earth-wide Seller platform. Employing your superior communication and collaborative skills, you will work closely with cross functional stakeholders, software engineers and product teams to deploy our most complex, high quality, scalable products across the globe! Because you understand the importance of ownership, you take pride in collaborating with the product teams to deliver the best product through the most efficient use of resources and technologies while partnering with stakeholders to assemble project teams, assign responsibilities, identify appropriate resources needed, and develop schedules to ensure timely completion of projects by meeting project milestones. Utilizing your business acumen you easily assess risk, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, make tradeoffs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints and encourage risk-taking behavior to maximize business benefit.
Given your past experience as a strong Software Development Engineer, you are an ideal fit for this role as you fully understand and appreciate creating unique, scalable code while always keeping the customer in mind, being detail driven and employing your problem solving expertise. Given your software development experience, you are passionate about delivering extensible, on-time solutions as well as contributing to the development of high-performance teams through rigorous goal-setting, disciplined attention to performance metrics, continuous process improvement, and mentorship.
Excited about the possibilities? It's time to join this innovative team at Amazon to take your career to new heights all while enabling our customers to reach their own goals. Talk about a win-win situation...so what's stopping you? Do you hear us knocking? It's time to open the door to this new opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you!
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
• 7+ years' experience in a technical project management or related role.
• A strong track record of successful project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
• Superior communication and collaborative skills which allow you to fully engage with technical teams as well as business teams to effectively manage customer expectations and resolve conflicts that balance both client and company needs.
• 2+ years' experience as a developer, preferably with hands on experience on mobile client software.
• Strong organizational skills, successful track record of coordinating between multiple project stakeholders, technical program managers, and software development teams.
• Experience in creating and managing complex, cross-team project plans; prior success in driving execution of large-scale project plans with multiple teams in support of business goals.
• Hands on experience with Agile methodologies and proven leadership skills to guide other TPMs.
• Master's degree in computer science, engineering or a related technical discipline and/or MBA.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Back to top