Technical Program Manager
- Herndon, VA
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the leading cloud provider, providing virtualized infrastructure, storage, networking, messaging, and many other services to customers all over the world. Our services scale to staggering levels, are highly distributed, and are really fun to work with. The AWS Dedicated Cloud Solutions (DCS) Team works to deliver the security, speed, and value of the AWS Cloud to global customers who have unique access control, security, and compliance requirements. You will join the team that helps deliver AWS services and tools in the China region.
AWS's rapid worldwide expansion creates new challenges in data protection, availability, and growth. As a TPM on the AWS DCS team you will lead projects and programs spanning Infrastructure and Software to ensure that our systems and services scale to meet diverse customer requirements in this dynamic and rapid-growth world. You will join the team supporting AWS services and tools in the China region.
You will be as needed both broad and deep. You will find, create, and analyze data about every aspect of the services and the regions. You will drive process and technology improvements that reduce friction for engineers and proactively address issues that help to scale AWS solutions to meet a range of customer needs around the world. You will work across business, product, and engineering teams and balance cost, schedule, and technical variables to create tools or processes that help to delight our customers.
To succeed you need to be motivated by putting your customers first; you understand what the customers need and you don't rest until we deliver it. You are detail-driven, with a strong technical background and excellent problem-solving skills. You learn from your mistakes, and you love working with really smart people. You have a solid understanding of project management fundamentals (e.g. business case, risk management, schedule management, and negotiation). You are comfortable briefing senior leadership, even when you have bad news; you can communicate effectively with business and technical teams both verbally and in writing.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We are dedicated to supporting our new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
• 3+ years of experience in technical program management, or similar technical leadership role
• 3+ years of experience with software development lifecycle from conception to delivery
• 1 year of experience in service-oriented and web-service technologies
• Proven experience driving overall strategy and teams across organizations
• Off Hour Meetings are associated with this position
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or related Field
• Experience with data management and data analytics tools and systems, such as SQL, Quicksight, Redshift, Python or other scripting languages
• Experience working to design, plan, and execute technical projects; able to distill data and articulate rationale for making difficult trade-offs and prioritizations
• Demonstrated knowledge of technical program management and engineering best practices
• Experience with cross-organizational communication to both technical- and non-technical audiences from engineers to directors
• Proven experience in managing medium-sized enterprise projects, gathering and communicating technical requirements
• Experience solving challenging engineering problems with multiple constraints
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
*Please email AWS Sourcing Recruiter, Scott Korkowski (email@example.com) if you have questions.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com.
Back to top