Technical Program Manager
- Seattle, WA
Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience, Amazon. The world's brightest minds come to Amazon to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers, developers, publishers and sellers around the world.
The ideal candidate will draw upon exemplary analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills, deep software development experience, and a passion for creating maintainable, highly reliable and scalable systems. Successful members of this team collaborate effectively with various technology teams across Amazon helping them measure their solutions to the highest compliance standards. You will work with an elite team of engineers, skilled at identifying and building solutions to fix the compliance gaps cutting across technology teams at Amazon. The role may require travel within/outside the country and working away from the parent team for an extended period of time.
• Develop an in-depth understanding of Amazon's products, business models, finance systems architecture and operations
• Drive complex projects simultaneously from initiation through delivery
• Collaborate with a cross section of teams across Amazon to clarify, document and validate business and technical requirements
• Escalate and resolve project issues by effectively working with Product Managers, Business Owners and Development Teams
• Report and communicate progress and status of projects to senior management
• Lead review and approval of business, technical and functional requirements, user acceptance test plans, and training plans by facilitating discussions, articulating impact of changes and managing expectations
• Ensure readiness for production launches through coordination of UAT and implementation of process change and user training needed
• Assist stakeholders and partner teams to develop clear and complete Project Initiation Requests for prioritization
• Identify opportunities for business process and system improvements and collaborate with stakeholders on design of new solutions that will enhance business performance and achieve specified goals
Your responsibilities will range from driving business and system requirements to writing specifications to driving the overall project across all of data engineering, business development, user experience & design, QA, and more.
As a TPM, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role. And have fun doing all of the above.
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• 7+ years of Technical Program Management experience in a related industry
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
• Experience developing internet products and technologies.
• Understanding of SDLC methodologies, SCRUM, Waterfall, Agile
• Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial, as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and prioritize tasks
• The ability to comfortably and confidently present to all levels within the enterprise and to work with both technical and non-technical individuals
• Results oriented person with a strong delivery focus who can work independently and collaboratively with global teams
• Masters in Business Administration
• Prior experience with Service Oriented Architectures
• Prior experience with high-scale or high-availability systems.
• Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
• Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
• Prior experience in partnering and building tech solutions with teams in finance operations.
Back to top