Technical Product Manager - Integrations
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead.
We are building a small team of passionate people focused on changing the world for the better. We are starting from scratch, we are going to be scrappy, and we are going to focus on taking care of people. We are going to apply the same principles that made Amazon great especially Customer Obsession and Think Big, into a new vertical. We are looking for smart, passionate people who have a strong sense of ownership and strong engineering mindset. If you want your work to positively impact the lives of millions of people and you're up for a challenge, let's talk.
We are looking for a Technical Product Manager who can help us shape the future. We want someone with passion to innovate, who likes working backwards from the customer, working with technical teams to come up with solutions for complex and ambiguous problems. The successful candidate has strong technical program management experience, can work across technical teams, understand project technologies, approaches, and trade-offs, and can provide technical solutions, system design/approach, and/or architecture. You will help our team understand the various steps and dependencies to building integrated solutions interacting with both internal and external systems to Amazon and help the team deliver these capabilities on time. You must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, be self-driven and detail-oriented, and deliver high quality results in a fast paced environment. We're looking for people who are smart and get things done. You will:
Technical Systems Integration
- Take user stories and drive out technical requirements and use cases.
- Schedule, meet, and learn about other team's technical capabilities and learn how our team can leverage them.
- Determine technical dependencies
- Create high-level functional diagrams
- Clear, concise, accurate communication (both verbal and written) with engineers and product describing technical needs, problems, and defining technical solutions. Translate technical decisions into business trade-offs.
- Provide input into technical solutions, system design/approach, and/or architecture. Technical ability to drive right outcomes, design simplicity, and speed of execution.
- Work across teams. Influences project technologies, approaches, and trade-offs. May influence vendors and external partners to make technical changes.
- Work with Product to understand technical trade-offs and approaches
- Understand design approaches (within technical domain). Is able to spot risks, ask the right technical questions to ensure appropriate trade-offs are made.
- Manage communication of cross-functional teams. Drives team(s)/partners to meet product goals.
- Define design and technical requirements. Accelerates progress by driving crisp, timely decisions. Clears blockers, escalates appropriately.
- Understand system design approaches (in domain). Knows the consequences that can arise from poor technical decisions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related fields
- 2+ years as a software development engineer
- 3+ years relevant Technical Program Manager;
- Solid working understanding of software development life cycle models
- Knowledge of the underlying principles of highly scalable systems, micro-service system design, and systems operations
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership with development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units
- Ability to lead without authority by building relationships
- Strong listening skills
- Ability to facilitate discussions and lead effective meetings
- Ability to identify, own, and resolve issues; creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the "big picture" view
- Committed to continual improvement
- Able to inspire cross-functional team members to work together
- Able to effectively communicate orally and in writing
- Understanding of the internal workings of Amazon, technical teams
- Experience working with external technology partners and companies to drive joint development solutions
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top