Technical Product Manager - Amazon Redshift
- Seattle, WA
Want to make history in analytics and databases? Come and join the team that is building Amazon Redshift, the most popular and fastest cloud data warehouse used by 10's of thousands of customers. We are currently developing innovative new features, and we're looking for top product managers to help shape the future.
Analytics and Database Services team within AWS is responsible for setting the strategy and delivering distributed structured storage services to AWS customers for the analytics, relational database, and the non-relational database segments. We are looking for an experienced product management leader to take our early lead in the analytics and database services market and help us grow the business by defining and delivering industry leading next generation services architected for the cloud.
In this role, you will own the design, development, testing and deployment of Amazon Redshift. You will draw from a deep and broad technical expertise to mentor product managers and provide leadership on complex technical issues. You will be responsible for delivering on some of our most strategic projects. You will directly impact large scalable products at the cutting edge of distributed database technology and have a significant bottom-line impact on our business and competitive position.
As a product management leader, you will be part of the larger technical leadership community at Amazon. This community forms the backbone of the company, plays a critical role in the broad business planning, working closely with senior executives to develop business targets and resource requirements, influences our long-term technical and business strategy, helps us hire talented team of engineers and ultimately enables us to deliver innovative new solutions rapidly.
This position represents a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor within a fast growing business and help shape the technology, product and the business. A successful candidate will bring deep technical and software expertise, strong business acumen and judgment, Â ability to define visionary, ground breaking products, ability to hire and lead a team, desire to have an industry wide impact and ability to work within a fast moving, startup environment in a large company to rapidly deliver services that have a broad business impact.
In this role you will:
• Be responsible for identifying and leading work on most complex, large-scale products that have a major impact on the entire company.
• Serve as a lead on demanding, multi-team, cross-functional projects.
• Actively participate in hiring talented people and assist in the career development of others both on and outside your team, mentoring individuals and helping other managers guide the career growth of their team members.
• Play a critical role in the broad business planning, working closely with senior executives to develop business targets and resource requirements. Help form long-term product and business strategy and goals.
• Demonstrate high levels of creativity and right judgments, most of the time.
• Understand business context to decisions made within and across groups.
• Maintain a current understanding of industry and technology trends.
• Contribute to Amazon's growth by working directly with our customers
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Expertise in SQL functionality
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills
• 5-10 years of product management or software development experience
• 5+ years of experience in distributed systems
• MBA with a minimum of 10 years of relevant product management and leadership experience.
• Degree in Computer Science a plus, strong technical acumen required
• Experience with database systems/internals or datawarehousing is a huge plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top