Technical Product Manager
Interested in delivering Natural Language Understanding (NLU) engineering solutions for Alexa product by working closely with a team of scientists in Machine Learning (ML) space? The Amazon Alexa Speech team is a group of scientists and developers working on audio, speech and natural language solutions that revolutionize how customers interact with Amazon's products and services. The team's mission is to push the envelope in NLU space, in order to provide the best possible experience for our customers. Products such as Amazon Echo, Amazon Dash, and Fire TV are illustrative of the user-delighting spoken language solutions Amazon is building.
As a member of the team, you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of core product features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
7-10+ years of software product management, product marketing, and/or business development experience, preferably in a fast-paced online environment
- Experience in defining, driving and shipping mass market consumer software or services
- Passion for understanding customers and their behavior, particularly with regard to the digital video space
- Excellent cross-functional project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent quantitative data analysis and critical-thinking skills
- Bachelor's degree required
Experience delivering digital streaming media
- Direct experience defining products and roadmaps which deliver simple, immersive customer experiences while dealing with underlying complex technical requirements
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions (SQL strongly preferred)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
- Proven ability to deliver results and prioritize tasks in a fast-moving, dynamic environment.
- Experience managing, analyzing, and communicating relevant results to senior management
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with engineering, design, and marketing/business counterparts to deliver online products/services
- MBA or advanced degree in a related field
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top