Technical Operations Manager, Worldwide Search CX
Hundreds of millions of customers. Billions of queries per year and dollars in revenue. The scale and impact of Amazon Search is huge and we need smart engineers to manage the infrastructure and operations of the product search service. The Search Customer Experience team is responsible for the worldwide customer facing features on desktops, tablets, and mobile devices, everything from the moment a customer clicks into the search box to when they view search results.
We are looking for a customer-obsessed individual who can lead our worldwide operations team that supports this tier-1 service. The team consists of systems development and support engineers with expertise in application operations, systems engineering and software development. You should have a solid track record of running similar operations teams and have a relentless focus on performance, availability and efficiency. This is a unique opportunity to drive operational excellence in one of Amazon's most impactful services.
- Lead a worldwide follow-the-sun operations team managing the Amazon Search CX service. This includes site reliability, systems, and application operations of a 24x7 Tier-1 distributed service.
- Be responsible for the team's technical strategy, roadmap and execution in the areas of operational excellence, support and hardware fleet management.
- Be a hands-on technical leader driving key projects while also managing day-to-day activities of the team, including prioritization of multiple initiatives and tasks.
- Collaborate with engineering, product and quality teams to improve operational excellence and deliver on high-visibility cross team initiatives.
- Mentor the professional development of each direct report through personal engagement and performance management.
- Be an aggressive recruiter of technical talent able to attract, excite and retain a team of best-in-class operations and support engineers.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of relevant hands-on technical management experience of systems, site reliability or dev/ops engineers in a medium to large scale production Linux or other UNIX environment.
- 5+ years experience as a software engineer, systems engineer, or site reliability engineer for an internet company.
- 5+ years experience with Linux, Apache, DNS, monitoring, load-balancing, and caching.
- Experience developing software in Java or C++.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), ideally S3, EC2, EMR, and DynamoDB.
- Experience managing large scale systems on the internet with a focus on application operations.
- Experience working with high-availability, distributed systems and services in a hosting environment including hardware, OS, storage, network, and database solutions.
- Experience in the development and rollout of technical operations processes and new services.
- Working knowledge of Agile development methods (Kanban, Scrum, etc).
- Experience building and managing multi-site and timezone based teams.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top