Technical Operations Manager - AWS IoT Platform
IoT refers to a system of physical devices, from cars, light bulbs, sensor grids and more, that connect to the Internet. AWS IoT is revolutionizing industries and has emerged as a leading innovator in the interconnected device space. Our aim is to offer the most scalable, secure and robust IoT platform enabling industries and businesses to do more with less scaling to billions of devices and trillions of messages.
Amazon Web Services' (AWS) IoT Team is seeking a high-judgment, self-motivated Operations Manager to join our team. As the Operations Manager, you will manage a diverse team of cloud and security engineers for the IoT platform. The ideal candidate will have experience managing incident response at scale, will be energized by working on issues that change day-to-day, be passionate, creative and eager to learn. They will be able to get up to speed quickly on complex issues, and multitask while maintaining high attention to detail. A successful candidate will be a proven leader, have a demonstrable record of customer service, possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, and demonstrate keen judgment and critical thinking while under pressure. The candidate will also be able to successfully operate autonomously, and use discretion when dealing with sensitive information.
This role oversees AWS IoT operations center. After-hours calls, night/weekend work, and participation in on-call paging will be required.
The responsibilities for this role include:
- Perform risk assessment, threat modeling and vulnerabilities assessments for IoT deployments
- Lead on-call incident response
- Collaborate and engage during an incident, operate efficiently under pressure
- Critically analyze operations for process improvement
- Reduce mean time to resolution for all incident types
- Adapt and improve operations management systems and processes to accommodate rapid and increasing growth
- Create and review documentation, design new standard operating procedures
- Automate tasks through creation and maintenance of scripts and tools
- Mentor peers in your areas of technical and operational strength
AWS is an equal opportunity employer.
- A degree in Computer Science or 8+ years relevant experience in a large-scale online technical operations environment
- Excellent English language written and verbal communication skills to facilitate efficient and effective interaction with peers and customers
- Current Security Operations Leadership Experience
- 5-7 years' experience implementing and managing incident response team
- 5-7 years' experience providing security guidance for organizations
- Solid grasp of Linux and networking fundamentals
- Advanced degree in relevant fields
- 7+ years' experience implementing and managing security incident response team
- Proven track record of sound decision making, taking ownership and delivering results in a leadership role
- 7+ years' experience working in fast paced environments
- Effective prioritization and time management
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top