Technical Operations Manager
- Vancouver, Canada
Do you enjoy helping U.S. Intelligence Community agencies implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Would you like to do this leading a team who utilizes the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you want to be part of a customer facing technology team helping to ensure the success of Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a leading technology platform?
Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples of being named #1 in customer service, #1 most trusted, and #2 most innovative. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. As a member of the AWS Support team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology assisting a global list of companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications. You will work with leading companies in this space and directly with the engineering teams within Amazon developing these new capabilities.
AWS Support provides global technical support to a wide range of external customers as they build mission-critical applications on top of AWS services such as Amazon S3 and Amazon EC2. We are seeking an Operations Manager with strong operational, leadership and technical skills to lead a team of engineers responsible for supporting a wide range of customers.
Your team will:
• Field technical support inquiries from customers.
• Complete analysis and present periodic reviews of operational performance.
• Provide detailed reviews of service disruptions, metrics, detailed pre-launch planning.
• Make recommendations to customers about how new AWS offerings fit in their company architecture.
• Advocate for customer requirements within AWS (be their voice).
• Work with some of the leading technologists around the world.
• Work directly with Amazon Web Service engineers to ensure that customer issues are resolved as expediently as possible.
The right person will be highly technical, analytical, and have experience managing technical teams. In addition, this person will have a record of driving projects to improve support-related processes and the technical support experience and be passionate about the growth and success of AWS customers. Candidate should have strong verbal and written communication skills.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and must currently possess an active Top Secret security clearance. The position further requires that, after start, the selected candidate have and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph and satisfy other security related requirements.
• Current, active US Government Security Clearance at the Top Secret level or above
• 10+ years progressive leadership experience within the information technology industry
• Bachelor's degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
• Deep experience with AWS service offerings
• Experience with web services
• Computer Science or Math background highly desired; working knowledge of software development practices and technologies highly desired.
• Past experience as a systems administration, network engineer, or software development engineer
• Flexible work schedules (weekends and/or evenings when required)
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.
Back to top