We are seeking a highly motivated, best-in-class Tech Ops Engineer to join our growing team in Infrastructure Operations.
Our Tech Ops Engineers will work with minimum supervision in a dynamic environment to drive the stability and sustainability of our next-generation networks and to develop innovative ways to automate and scale our network as we expand.
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, very detail oriented, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills and has significant experience in supporting large scale, enterprise class networks. Strong network implementation and troubleshooting skills combined with a proven documentation methodology is also required. Significant written and verbal communication skills and an ability to interact efficiently with peers and customers are required. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential. In addition to providing top-tier management and support of Amazon's vast network infrastructure, Tech Ops Engineers are expected to build or enhance tools, develop best practices, refine operational procedure and constantly think proactively and inventively.
The Tech Ops Engineer will:
• Scaling support of several data center locations and day to day assistance with capacity management.
• Work closely with both internal customers and external vendors to facilitate smooth project execution as directed by Technical Program Managers.
• Deliver sustainable and repeatable solutions and processes always with an eye on improvement.
• Work closely with our Network Engineering & Network Technical Project Manager teams to ensure fast, smooth roll out of new designs and products.
• Collaborate with various stake holders to remove project obstacles.
• Specify Power and Cooling requirements and ensure Hardware Racking/Stacking completed for new equipment.
• Participate in the migration, basic configuration and roll out of new or upgraded hardware.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and must currently possess an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph and satisfy other security related requirements.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• AS/BS in Information Systems, Computer Science or Information Assurance, may be coupled with certifications to include CCNA, CCNP or JNCIA; or 3-5+ years of mid-level and/or enterprise experience as a technician or engineer; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 1+ year(s) experience with cabling infrastructure best practices and methodologies
• 1+ year(s) experience with completing customer requests via Remedy trouble ticketing system
• 3+ year(s) experience working in virtualized enterprise networking environments
• Current, active US Government Security Clearance of TS/SCI with Polygraph is required
• Knowledge of TCP/IP networking and common networking terms
• Knowledge of network cabling, optic types, and test equipment, such as VFL, power meter, and OTDR.
• Knowledge of infrastructure technologies
• Knowledge of major Command Line Protocols (Cisco IOS, JunOS, etc) and common Networking Protocols (BGP, OSPF)
• Experience in large scale datacenter network implementations and support
• Experience with IT best practice frameworks (ITIL, LEAN, AGILE) and Operational Excellence concepts or methodologies is a plus
• Experience communicating with customers during problem resolution and operating efficiently under pressure.
• Experience with medium to large, complex project scopes and ambiguous details within work environment
• Ability to manage work and priorities through ticketing system and workflow
• Ability to troubleshoot networking, routing and inter connectivity issues, including troubleshooting of network device configuration and low to mid-level application interaction
• Ability to troubleshoot cabling infrastructure connectivity issues, including patch panels and patch cords
• Ability to prioritize and use time management practices
• Ability to prioritize tasks based on fluctuating needs
• Ability to use judgement and analytical skills
• Travel within geographical work area is required, up to 35% travel outside traditional work area may be required possibly including international travel.
• Ability to sit in front of computer for entire scheduled 8-hour shift with appropriate breaks while maintaining a high level of alertness and attention to detail.
• Ability to move and lift computer equipment up to 50 lbs.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.