Would you like to own driving the global technical strategy for Amazon Web Services (AWS) and work with the world's largest and most innovative Financial Services companies? Would you like to be part of a cross-functional team focused on increasing technology adoption of cloud computing by engaging directly with technical leaders, C-level executives and influencers at all levels across the industry? Do you have the business background, technical depth, and communication skills needed to help further establish Amazon as the leader in Financial Services industry?
Your responsibilities will include helping articulate the technical strategy for AWS in the Financial Services market, identifying and engaging key strategic integration and solutions partners, and driving the technical relationships with industry thought leaders and key prospect/customers to create significant new opportunity pipelines. You will represent AWS at key global Financial Services industry and customer forums. You will enable the AWS enterprise sales teams to more effectively drive their day-to-day interactions with key prospects. You will work closely with AWS Solution Architects and AWS Professional Services teams to develop and promote cloud best-practices, including data security and regulatory compliance. You will also work closely with the AWS product and services teams to help evolve AWS offerings for more rapid enterprise adoption in the financial services space.
The ideal candidate will possess a technical background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the highest levels of Financial Services companies, as well as having the presence and wherewithal to easily communicate the benefits of cloud computing to CIO's, CTO's, enterprise architects, application architects and engineers, infrastructure architects and engineers, and enterprise security and compliance teams. The ideal candidate will also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and long-term about the needs of global businesses, and be deeply familiar with complex, legacy IT environments including applications, middleware, storage, networks, information security, and operations. Furthermore, having an understanding of the growing FinTech ecosystem serving banking, payments, capital markets, and insurance segments will be an important distinguishing element of the ideal candidate.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• With the broader Financial Services team, develop technical elements of the strategic plan for accelerating adoption of AWS across Financial Services customers within all sub-segments, including banking, capital markets, payments, and insurance.
• Serve as a technical domain expert on deploying Financial Services workloads on AWS
• Responsible for establishing technical credibility in the sales cycle (personally or with the broader technical team) by driving discussions with CTOs, CIOs, Chief Architects across our Financial Services customers and partners
• Lead the Financial Services Technical Community (TFC), with responsibility for identifying repeatable implementation patterns and codifying necessary reference architectures and principles.
• Establish architectural standards and design principles for production of technical content to ensure standardization and high quality
• Identify and synthesize requirements across Financial Services industry domains and customers, leveraging deep AWS services expertise and broad industry knowledge to provide timely recommendations for AWS service improvements, new features or functionality.
• Represent AWS at key industry and customer events
• Must have 7-10 years of experience in senior executive technical leader positions within the Financial Services industry, and enterprise solution selling experience.
• Advanced degrees in engineering and/or business
• Experience designing and implementing enterprise-grade architectures for Fortune 1000 companies
• Cloud and/or AWS experience; AWS Certifications: AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate Level, AWS Certified Developer - Associate Level, AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate Level; and AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional, AWS Certified Devops Engineer - Professional
• International technical sales and delivery experience w/ global F500 enterprise customers and partners
• Demonstrates thought leadership in the Financial Services space, and is able to credibly represent AWS at industry events, conferences, symposiums, etc.
• The right person will be highly technical and analytical, and will be capable of understanding the complexities of large Financial Services IT environments.
• Technical knowledge of enterprise IT is required, including: database systems, tiered storage architectures, server and desktop virtualization, data center operations, network security, etc. with ability to go deep on technical aspects to understand current and future customer needs and present AWS technical benefits.
• Technical knowledge of Financial Services applications, platforms, and data ecosystem, with ability to go deep on technical aspects to understand current and future customer needs and present AWS technical benefits.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations, with customers, SI's and ISVs
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation