Technical Lab Developer - AWS Content Development Team (Videos, Labs, Diagrams)
- United States
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Training and Certification Team is looking for developers, technical trainers, or technical instructional designers who want be a part of building exciting and new courses on AWS as a Technical Lab Developer. Customers are rapidly adopting Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a way to build scalable and cost-effective web and IT solutions for their businesses. To do that effectively, they need training, and not just a couple of PowerPoint slides and a long lecture. AWS is developing highly technical game-based learning solutions with extensive hands-on labs, videos and simulations that get customers deep into AWS technologies. You'll get to teach and have some fun at the same time! The qualified candidate will have excellent writing skills, a healthy technical knowledge of IT domains, and the ability to translate technical content into easy-to-understand hands-on exercises, 2D animations and composing architecture diagrams. Above all, you will have a passion for learning.
• Dive deep into AWS technologies, such as Machine Learning, Big Data, Web Applications, Security, Networking, High Performance Computing, Storage, Databases, Enterprise Applications, Migration Strategies or other solutions areas to understand the services and develop effective training for our customers.
• Design and develop creative training materials in multiple modalities including blended learning content and videos.
• Work with audience representatives to understand training needs and collaborate with Subject Matter Experts across AWS (including Developers, Support Engineers, Professional Services, and Solutions Architects) to build technically accurate training that meets learning objectives.
• Build relationships with AWS service teams to understand roadmaps and plan for content updates or new training offerings.
• Facilitate requirements gathering meetings with curriculum stakeholders to define the appropriate learning objectives, modalities and expectations.
• Collaborate with multiple functional groups to develop training content that educates customers on the full portfolio of AWS services and features
• Respond to changes in products/features by revising content at the pace of innovation.
• Candidates will have experience in designing, developing, and implementing a wide range of large-scale training solutions.
** This position may be virtual/remote with candidates based near an AWS office location (Arlington, Atlanta, Austin, Ballston, Boston, Chicago, Cupertino, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, East Palo Alto, Herndon, Houston, Irvine, Minneapolis, New York City, Pittsburgh, Portland, San Diego, San Francisco, Washington D.C., Tempe, Sunnyvale, Santa Monica, Vancouver, B.C.).
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $102,800/yr. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. For more information regarding Amazon benefits, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/benefits.
• Technical degree (e.g. Computer Science) or 6 yrs. relevant work experience in technical industry required.
• 5+ years of experience in an instructional design/curriculum development role or similar, including significant experience in creating animations and developing hands-on/labs activities
• Configuration management using infrastructure automation tools (such as CloudFormation and CDK)
• Three years of relevant experience in instructional design
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
• High proficiency with e-Learning video creation and support tools (such as Vyond, Photoshop, Gimp, Camtasia)
• Comfortable operating in new domains with high ambiguity and little direction
• Self-starter, with proven experience of working on program/projects with a geographically dispersed team
• Solid project management skills including, planning work, managing details, keeping multiple tasks/projects on track, using time well, working with stakeholders, and doing whatever it takes to deliver reliable results
• Demonstrated experience developing self-paced e-Learning curriculums, storyboards, job aids, online tutorials and assessments
• Experience developing training content for localization to multiple languages/cultures
Portfolio and/or eLearning sample required at interview.
• AWS Solutions Architect Certified
• Degree in Adult Learning, Instructional Design, Learning Technology, or a related field
• Experience developing content for an international audience.
• Experience with authoring tools such as Articulate Storyline or similar
• Familiarity with Web-based Learning Platforms, Social Learning, Gamification and with the use of multimedia in training
• Experience working in a global organization
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Back to top