Technical Lab Developer (AWS Cloud Curriculum)
- Flexible / Remote
Amazon Web Service's (AWS) Training and Certification Team is looking for a Technical Lab Developer to join the team building exciting and new courses on AWS.
Customers are rapidly adopting Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a way to build scalable and cost-effective web and IT solutions for their businesses. To do that effectively, they need training. AWS is developing highly technical courses with extensive hands-on labs (HOLs), and self-paced labs, that get customers deep into AWS technologies. In this role, you'll get to learn and play at the same time!
The qualified candidate will have experience designing and developing hands-on labs for the AWS platform, excellent writing skills, a deep technical knowledge of IT domains and the ability to provide analysis of learning materials from a technical perspective.
Above all, you will have a passion for learning and contributing to team and customer success.
** This position is virtual, but candidates must be based near an AWS office location (Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Cupertino, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, East Palo Alto, Herndon, New York City, Pittsburgh, Portland, San Francisco, Santa Monica, Seattle, or Tempe)
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $100,600/yr. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. For more information regarding Amazon benefits, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/benefits.
• Dive deep into AWS technologies, such as Big Data, Web Applications, Security, Networking, High Performance Computing, Storage, Databases, Enterprise Applications, Migration Strategies or other solutions areas to understand the services and develop effective training for our customers.
• Develop and maintain a cohesive set of real-world, scenario-based labs to reinforce the learning objectives for AWS courseware by offering hands-on learning for students.
• Coordinate with the Curriculum Engineering team to ensure that hands on labs are built for scalability and long-term support.
• Utilize automated lab and courseware publishing process to manage and deploy content.
• Work with the Technical Curriculum Architects and Lab Engineers to provide support and maintenance for the deployed hands-on labs.
• Determine services and features to be included in course lab exercises, based on intended audience profile, learning objectives, AWS best practices and strategic initiatives.
• Collaborate with Subject Matter Experts across AWS (including Curriculum Developers, Technical Trainers, Support Engineers, Professional Services, and Solutions Architects) to build technically accurate training that meets the learning objectives.
• Build relationships with AWS program teams and curriculum developers, to understand product roadmaps and plan for content updates or new training offerings.
• Collaborate with AWS service teams to identify changes in offerings that would affect training materials and act as the primary interface between Curriculum Development and the service teams.
• Develop Internal applications for curriculum development teams.
• Identify and automate manual processes during course / lab development and maintenance.
• Some travel required, primarily for event support and training (~25%).
• 5+ years of experience in software development
• Proficiency in at least one OO programming language such as Java, C++, or C#
• 1+ years prior experience designing, deploying, and operating Internet scale applications
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Current AWS Certification, preferably related to DevOps (Associate or Professional level)
• Knowledge and/or hands-on experience with AWS infrastructure services
• Experience designing, developing, and delivering instructional materials for technical content
• Professional experience building systems on Amazon Web Services
• A demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with multiple teams and stakeholders
• A demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
• Domain expertise in one or more of the following: Developing, DevOps, SysOps, Migration, Serverless
- A background in technical training, knowledge of adult-learning theory and scenario-based design and development
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top