- Bangalore, India
The Amazon Fashion Private Brands team is looking for an entrepreneurial, analytical, and highly motivated Technical Designer. This role will ensure Amazon products delight our customers in terms of product quality and fit. They will be part of a team of experts who will work with designers, merchandisers, vendors, and sourcing team members to ensure we build best in class global products.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for delivering high quality products to customers. This candidate will possess partner management skills, project management skills, a high degree of ownership and integrity, a high attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and be a great team player. Prior experience working for or servicing a US top tier branded or vertical fashion retailer is preferred.
• Create initial prototype development technical packages from design briefs.
• Evaluate samples for fit, spec, and construction details.
• Leverage 3D software to view and evaluate 3D apparel renderings.
• Conduct fittings on live models and mannequins.
• Clearly communicate fit and pattern corrections to vendors.
• Issue final production approvals with full graded specs.
• Build vendor capability to assume ownership of end to end development and production sample approvals.
• Evaluate fit and grading on 3D avatars.
• Ensure all garments meet minimum construction standards and hit required manufacturing tolerances.
• Liaise with Global Technical Design Team providing logistical support for key meetings and milestones.
• Drive for continual improvement and innovation; sponsor newness.
• Evolve Technical Design strategy, operations, methods, and measures of effectiveness.
• Research and resolve fit, pattern, and grading issues with vendors prior to issuing bulk production approval.
• Build audit mechanisms to consistently monitor and check fit, grading, and vendor compliance.
• Collaborate with other members of the Amazon Fashion Private Label team on both ongoing and new products.
• Support the Technical Design team in meeting seasonal deliverables and projects.
• Drive and evolve a Technical Design strategy; operations, methods, and measures of effectiveness.
• Travel to factories to troubleshoot, educate, and build capability.
• Bachelor's Degree from accredited university in Technical Design, Fashion Design, or Patternmaking.
• English speaker with strong writing skills.
• 4+ years of Apparel Experience preferably with knowledge of technical design and pattern making.
• Exceptional interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
• Ability to work in an extremely creative, fast paced team environment.
• Proven track record for cultivating strong relationships with key client and supplier stakeholders that have resulted in high customer satisfaction.
• Strong analytical skills including the ability to distill, synthesize, and draw conclusions on large amounts of data.
• Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, time management and problem solving skills.
- Past experience working for an online retailer.
- Proven track record for cultivating strong relationships with key client and supplier stakeholders that have resulted in high customer satisfaction
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to distill, synthesize, and draw conclusions on large amounts of data.
- The ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organization/time management and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with procurement systems, other third- party information systems and ability to learn proprietary systems.
- Knowledge of manufacturing, global supply chain, and regulatory requirements.
- Experience in building out a private label program in a retail environment.
- Experience with a general merchandise retailer or consumer packaged goods company.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top