Technical Design Manager
- Seattle, WA
Amazon is looking for a well- rounded, analytical and highly motivated leader to be Program Manager for Softlines Private Brands Technical Design team. This role will ensure Amazon fashion products delight our customers with product, quality, and fit. They will be part of a team of industry experts who will work with designers, product developers, business managers, and sourcing managers building best in class global products ensuring Amazon products delight our customers in terms of product quality and fit. The candidate should possess people, project, problem solving, and partner management skills and drive efficiency influencing the total supply chain to ensure timely and successful delivery of the product and profit.
- Establish strategic product development process improvements between Technical Design, Sourcing, and Vendors maximizing efficiencies in support of counter sourcing activities.
- Analyze performance metrics to measure efficiency with specific focus towards "Right First Time" (RFT) and "Fit as Expected" (FAE).
- Represent Softlines Private Brand Technical Design in adoption and implementation of new technology and tools across the vendor landscape.
- Anticipates, identifies and drives resolution of technical challenges and interdependencies to prevent downstream problems.
- Drive efficiencies and cost savings in total Softlines process across internal and external teams including suppliers and vendors.
- Drive evolution of Technical Design strategy, operations, methods, and measures of effectiveness.
- Build audit mechanisms to consistently monitor and check fit, both pre and post production.
- Build vendor capability to assume ownership of end to end development and production sample approvals.
- Assess and evaluate fit on mannequins, live models, and 3D avatars.
- Research and resolve fit, pattern, and grading issues with vendors prior to issuing bulk production approval.
- Articulate brand standards to all parties, agents and final manufacturers ensuring all garments meet minimum construction standards and hit required manufacturing tolerances.
- Travel to factories to troubleshoot, educate, and build capability.
- Bachelor's Degree from accredited university in Technical Design, Fashion Design, or Patternmaking.
- 7-10 years of leadership in Apparel quality and fit, preferably with knowledge of technical design and pattern making.
- Proven track record of hiring and developing Technical Design talent.
- Outstanding English oral and written communication including the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences at varying levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organization/time management and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of manufacturing, global supply chain and regulatory requirements.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to distill, synthesize, and draw conclusions on large amounts of data.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate strong relationships with key stakeholders at all levels.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, PLM, and one or more 3D apparel software programs.
- Experience in product, program and/or project management in leading cross-functional teams in developing and implementing new systems and process.
- Demonstrated ability to launch and scale new businesses in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Experience communicating with senior management and cross-functional leaders.
- Online experience working for a NA or global retailer.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top