Technical Customer Service Specialist
Amazon.com was recently voted #5 most admired company in the US, #1 most innovative, and # 1 in Customer Service. Amazon's technology business has a history and tradition of leading the world in Web-related technologies and services. Now, with Amazon Web Services (AWS) you have the chance to help individuals and businesses take their computing infrastructures and applications into "the Cloud". As a member of the AWS Support team, you will be at the forefront of Cloud technologies with interactions with the full breadth of AWS services. You will be surrounded by people that are wickedly smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success.
AWS Customer Service provides global support to a wide range of external customers as they build mission-critical applications on top of AWS services such as Amazon EC2 and Amazon S3. We help our customers understand what Cloud Computing is all about, and whether it can be useful for their business needs. We help with complex account and billing related inquiries, and interface with AWS teams to provide the perspective of the Voice of the Customer.
Do you think Cloud Computing is fascinating? Do you ever ponder the backbone that powers internet TV and social media? Are you passionate about driving customer success? Interested in learning new technologies? Do you thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment? Do you love discussing new technologies with your friends and family?
As an AWS CS Concierge agent, you'll engage with Enterprise and Amazon Partner Network (APN) customers, providing e-mail and phone support. You will interface with other AWS teams including Technical Account managers (TAM's), Sales, Service Teams and Premium Support. You will be the Subject Matter Experts on Enterprise/APN account and billing issues.
In addition, your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Being the customer-facing voice for Enterprise/APN customers, addressing complex account and billing issues
- Performing deep dive analysis on Enterprise/APN customer contacts to gather lessons learned, and then uses that information to create or improve policies, procedures, and best practice reference materials
- Providing prompt, efficient, detailed, customer service to Enterprise/APN AWS customers
- Working with customer support peers around the globe to ensure a consistent and high-quality level of support
- Driving projects that improve support-related processes
- Working with Enterprise/APN customers to understand how they use AWS services, and providing valuable feedback to business and development teams
- Acting as the Voice of the Customer for our Enterprise/APN customers, reporting and acting on observed areas for improvement
- Actively seeking solutions to customer needs, communicating trends to leadership, and suggesting innovative solutions on behalf of the customer experience
- Assuming responsibility for developing detailed knowledge about AWS specific product and features
- Making sure internal knowledge reference pages are updated
- Exceptionally strong customer handling, conflict resolution, and problem solving skills; focus on quality in customer experience
- Experience in Customer Service and/or Account Management with a passion for customer advocacy
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong fluency in Cloud and Web Technologies and the Internet
- Experience taking ownership and driving resolution on escalated customer issues
- Proficiency in MS Office, with an emphasis on Excel
- Experience in leadership positions
- Experience working with high-profile customers
- Experience in Technical Support
- A drive to dig into the details of a system or process to solve customer problems
- Account management/experience as an account manager or account executive
- Proven success in a fast paced support environment
- Strong technical support ability and aptitude in a distributed computing environment which also includes supporting end user desktop applications and tools
- Demonstrated success driving cross-functional deliverables
- Demonstrated success in resolving complex technical escalations and cause of error post mortem creation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top