Technical Curriculum Developer (AWS Cloud Curriculum)
- Portland, OR
Are you interested in sharing your cloud domain expertise and spreading your passion for these technologies with other technology enthusiasts? Amazon Web Services (AWS) Training and Certification is looking for a cloud technologist with a desire to build engaging technical training experiences (labs) on AWS services.
Customers are rapidly adopting AWS as a way to build scalable and cost-effective web and IT solutions for their businesses. To do that effectively, they need training to help build their technical skills and develop proficiency with AWS. AWS Training & Certification is developing highly technical instructor-led courses with hands-on labs (ILT), e-learning courses that can be accessed 24x7, and self-paced labs that get customers deep into AWS technologies. In this role, you will have the opportunity to learn as you develop training, and to teach and play at the same time!
Our Technical Curriculum Developers will have healthy technical domain expertise, and the ability to translate technical processes into easy-to-understand interactivities/simulations. Additionally, our ideal candidates will have training or technical documentation experience, and above all, a passion for learning.
*This position can be virtual, but Portland OR. is preferred
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $100,600/yr. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. For more information regarding Amazon benefits, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/benefits.
Responsibilities (What's cool this job?):
• You get to play! Dive into AWS technologies and solutions, covering domains such as Storage, Internet of Things, Gaming, High Performance Computing, Storage, Enterprise Applications, Migration Strategies and other solution areas, to understand the services and develop effective training for our AWS customers.
• You get to work across AWS teams! Work with audience representatives to understand training needs and collaborate with Subject Matter Experts across AWS (including Developers, Support Engineers, Professional Services, and Solutions Architects) to build technically accurate training.
• You get to make things happen! Whether you're building relationships with service teams to shape content, or facilitating requirements gathering sessions to define innovations on how training is absorbed, you'll be a key influencer on how AWS educates customers on services and features.
• Relevant experience in a curriculum development and/or lab development role.
• 5+ years demonstrated experience designing and developing training materials and content to include creating instructor-led materials, online/e-learning modules, job aids, online tutorials, knowledge assessments and other training materials.Ability to apply adult learning principles and incorporate this into curriculum design and development.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of eLearning development tools such as Articulate Storyline/Rise, Captivate, Camtasia, Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator, or Flash, Cornerstone LMS (or similar), virtual instructor-led training tools, and social learning tools.
• Demonstrated ability to assess training effectiveness and ROI to stakeholders and leaders.
• Proven experience collaborating with global stakeholders, SMEs, front-line managers and front-line employees.
• The ability to edit content for the purpose of knowledge transfer and skill development; this includes skill in collaborating with subject matter experts and managers to help write and develop technical content.
• 5+ yrs. domain expertise in one or more of the following: Security, IoT, Machine Learning, Data Analytics, Game Tech, EUC, Media, CFM, or General Cloud Technology.
• Technical degree (e.g. Computer Science) or 6 yrs. relevant work experience in technical industry required.
• Some travel required, primarily for event support (~10%).
• Knowledge and/or hands-on experience with AWS infrastructure services highly desired.
• Professional experience architecting systems built with Amazon Web Services.
• Current AWS Certification (Solutions Architect, SysOps Administrator, Developer).
• A demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
• A demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with multiple teams and stakeholders.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age. In return, we will offer you a competitive salary, stock units, and other excellent benefits including healthcare. Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top