Technical Curriculum Architect (AWS Cloud Curriculum)
- Wenatchee, WA
Amazon Web Service's (AWS) Training and Certification Team is looking for developers, technical trainers or technical instructional designers who want be a part of building exciting and new courses on AWS as a Technical Curriculum Architect.
Customers are rapidly adopting Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a way to build scalable and cost-effective web and IT solutions for their businesses. To do that effectively, they need training, and not just a couple of PowerPoint slides and a long lecture. AWS is developing highly technical courses with extensive hands-on labs (ILT), e-learning courses that can be accessed 24x7, and self-paced labs that get customers deep into AWS technologies. You'll get to teach and play at the same time!
The qualified candidate will have excellent writing skills, a healthy technical knowledge of IT domains and the ability to translate technical content into easy-to-understand training. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have training, instructional design or technical documentation experience. Above all, you will have a passion for learning.
• Dive deep into AWS technologies, such as Big Data, Web Applications, Security, Networking, High Performance Computing, Storage, Databases, Enterprise Applications, Migration Strategies or other solutions areas to understand the services and develop effective training for our customers.
• Work with audience representatives to understand training needs and collaborate with Subject Matter Experts across AWS (including Developers, Support Engineers, Professional Services, and Solutions Architects) to build technically accurate training that meets the learning objectives.
• Utilize our automated lab and courseware publishing process built on AWS services.
• Build relationships with AWS service teams to understand roadmaps and plan for content updates or new training offerings.
• Respond to changes in products/features by revising content at the pace of innovation.
• Facilitate requirements gathering meetings with curriculum stakeholders to define the appropriate learning objectives, modalities and expectations.
• Earn Trust - Collaborate with multiple cross-functional teams.
** This position may be located in an area other than Seattle, but candidates must be based near an AWS office location (Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Cupertino, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, East Palo Alto, Herndon, New York City, Pittsburgh, Portland, San Francisco, Santa Monica, Seattle, or Tempe)
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $100,600/yr. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. For more information regarding Amazon benefits, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/benefits.
• 5+ yrs. experience designing and developing instructional materials for technical content
• 5+ yrs. domain expertise in one or more of the following: Big Data, DevOps, Security, Systems Administration, software development, cloud technology
• Technical degree (e.g. Computer Science) or 6 yrs. relevant work experience in technical industry required
• Current AWS Certification (Solutions Architect, SysOps Administrator, Developer)
• Travel required for course production, events, team and group meetings (10-15%)
All basic qualifications, plus the following:
• Knowledge and/or hands-on experience with AWS infrastructure services highly desired
• 5+ years of experience in programming, systems architecture or systems administration
• Professional experience architecting systems built with Amazon Web Services
• A demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
• A demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with multiple teams and stakeholders
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top