Technical Business Development Manager
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the leading cloud provider, providing virtual infrastructure, storage, networking, messaging, and many other services to customers all over the world. AWS runs a globally distributed environment, operating at massive levels of scale. Businesses, from start-ups to enterprises, run their operations and applications on AWS's multi-tenant infrastructure. Governmental organizations are also looking to and depending on AWS for cloud solutions and services.
World Wide Public Sector team is looking for an exceptional Manager, Technical Business Development to manage work streams within our fast growing U.S. National Security Program Office. The program office (PMO) team is responsible for managing multiple concurrent region expansion work packages, task orders, maintaining the program's integrated master schedule, risk mitigation strategies, and quality assurance and IV&V functions.
This position is based in the Herndon, VA/Washington Metro Area (WMA). You will join a cadre of program management and technical business development professionals in pursuing new and overseeing existing US Government contract requirements, milestones, and deliverables. As a Technical Business Developer, you will spend the majority of your time partnering with technical business leaders (such as hardware and software engineering leaders, and technical program managers) AND government executives engaged in strategic planning efforts. Your leadership in this role is essential to Amazon's ability to negotiate, plan, manage and integrate dependencies across teams within Amazon and our National Security customer community.
The role requires subject matter expertise, technical program management, and technical business development experience to incorporate technical requirements into commercial transactions and effectively structure, facilitate, and close deals, and manage tactical program activities in accordance with existing contract performance criteria. You will draw upon extensive information technology centric project management, critical thinking, and analytic problem solving skills coupled with business development and executive communication skills within the US Intelligence Community or US Department of Defense communities.
- Meet regularly with Amazon internal service teams to develop effective methods for assuring timely delivery of contract commitments.
- Develop and maintain high level work plans, risk management plans and schedules.
- Develop and execute effective methods of communication among AWS and government stakeholders.
- Lead operational and contract performance discussions with customer stakeholders through formal program performance reviews and technical planning meetings.
- Participate in long lead infrastructure expansion plans, capacity requirements, and community wide utilization forecasts.
- Solicit performance feedback, identify and eliminate blockers, identify and coordinate AWS resources needed to move workload development forward.
- Meet regularly with enterprise account managers to provide status, plan and manage transfer of new opportunities from prospect to workload in progress.
Participate in and support enterprise account manager customer engagements focused on moving from first-call to active project/program moving to AWS.
For more information on AWS, please visit http://aws.amazon.com
- 10+ years managing information technology programs under the National Industrial Security Program, and/or with the US Intelligence Community
- Managed at least one information technology program to successful completion with a total contract value of at least $5M comprised of multiple task orders (at least six months in duration each) with independent delivery schedules and multiple (three or more) contractually obligated deliverables tied to performance payments in excess of $1M for each deliverable.
- Performed work in an individual contributor role responsible for personally developing project schedules, work breakdown structures, project management plans, performance management plans, risk mitigation plans, operations management plans and methods for measuring team performance in the completion of contractually obligated deliverables.
- Performed work in a leadership role to include overseeing/leading the implementing project schedules, work breakdown structures, project management plans, performance management plans, operations management plans and methods for measuring team performance in the completion of contractually obligated deliverables.
- Held at least two previous customer facing project management positions, established and maintained trust, negotiated project task order additions and modifications to existing task orders, and was responsible for reporting task performance against a list of contractually obligated performance criteria including deliverables.
- Have been personally responsible for the creation of forward looking road maps and company investment plans for the purpose of expanding current project scope, pursuing new project opportunities, or product/service lines of business.
- At least five years' experience using Microsoft Word and Excel to produce project documentation, schedules, briefings, performance models, and contract deliverables.
- At least five years' experience managing projects in compliance with U.S. federal acquisition rules.
- At least five years' experience leading as the primary speaker customer facing and company internal meetings and presentations.
- This position requires the applicant selected to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance with Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) eligibility and access. A US Government administered polygraph examination will be required. TS/SCI eligibility is not required to start; however, the applicant selected will be subject to a Single-Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified national security information. Applicants with a current SSBI, SBPR, or PPR, may be eligible for crossover in accordance with ICPG 704.4.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Demonstrable history of successfully managing and growing large (in excess of $100M) value Government programs.
- Demonstrable knowledge of IC community procurement and contracting processes.
- Demonstrable record of being detail-oriented with relatable past examples showing ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects.
- Demonstrable Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Demonstrable ability to present technical and programmatic briefings to senior Government officials.
- Possess an active TS/SCI with Poly
Internal Job Description:
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top