Technical Account Manager - ComiXology
Technical Account Manager
ComiXology, an Amazon.com, Inc. subsidiary (NASDAQ:AMZN), has revolutionized the comic book and graphic novel industry by delivering a cloud-based digital comics platform that makes discovering, buying, and reading comics more fun than ever before. ComiXology's Guided View reading technology transforms the comic book medium into an immersive and cinematic experience. Offering the broadest library of comic book content from the top comics publishers – and independent creators as well – comiXology will not stop until everyone on the planet has become a comic, graphic novel, or manga fan.
The ComiXology Production team is looking for a Technical Account Manager (TAM) who will lead the seamless ingestion of digital metadata throughout the digital supply chain from publishers and content providers to end comic book readers. You will be responsible for building relationships with comic book publishers and stakeholders at comiXology and Amazon worldwide to drive end-to-end integration of digital content within comiXology and Amazon systems. To succeed in this position, you must thrive in a fast-paced, goal-oriented environment working with a talented, creative team, and be well-organized, adept at solving technical challenges, able to credibly coordinate between teams of technical resources and business stakeholders, and able to appreciate and meet the unique needs of comics publishers and readers.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Proactive monitoring of digital ingestion and operational systems to identify and address issues
- Interact with digital content providers to stay on top of new content deliveries, changes in specs, resolution of problems including issues related to ingestion, processing, and reporting
- Consistently improve content provider and customer experience by delivering superior publisher support, and ensuring that their needs are understood throughout the enterprise
- BA/BS Degree
- 2+ years of experience of enterprise customer support for IT services or products
- Technical aptitude and familiarity with digital media data and distribution elements, formats, and platforms: XML, ONIX, Codecs, FTP, Encoding, DRM, etc.; knowledge of SQL, Excel
- Experience leading projects and project management
- Demonstrated ownership and problem-solving skills
- A fan of comics, graphic novels, and manga
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience in ebooks and knowledge of the comic book publishing industry
- Fluency in French is a plus.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top