Team Manager - French
- Seattle, WA
Interested in improving the technology and features powering Alexa? Come work on it. We are building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Echo and other Alexa-enabled products and services.
ADS' mission is to provide high-quality labelled data for machine learning (ML) technologies.
We are seeking an experienced team manager to join our operations in Bucharest, Romania to develop, manage, and support our Alexa Data Services team with Speech and language solutions. The ADS team researches and delivers high-caliber multi-language Text-to-Speech technology, leading to voice quality and accuracy.
As Team Manager, you will be responsible for :
• Manage job assignment on a day-to-day basis, monitoring performance on job or queue adherence, volume, and quality.
• Support hiring and training of new Associates.
• Ensure productivity is maximized through supervision, training, analysis, and feedback of performance data on a periodic basis.
• Develop the work schedule for the week by balancing work across various workflows and/or navigating competing delivery priorities.
• Liaise with Program Management and other global operations team leads to manage risks & propose mitigation strategies.
• Track quality and utilization metrics.
• File and track tickets, following up on blocks to productivity.
• Provide regular, formal & informal feedback to direct reports.
• Identify and help implement process-related improvement using methodologies such as Kaizen, six sigma, or lean.
• Communicate effectively in English.
• Bachelor Degree (Any Stream) or advanced college education or experience in a Leadership or related position with management.
• Experience in understanding performance metrics and developing them to measure progress against key performance indicators.
• Proficiency verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Fluency in one or several of the following languages: French
• Experience with process improvement/quality control tools and methods.
• Demonstrated ability to lead diverse talent within a team, work cross-functionally, and build consensus on difficult issues.
• Excellent communication, strong organizational skills and very detail-oriented.
• Strong interest in hiring and developing people in their respective roles.
• Leadership experience in coaching and performance management.
• Experience in managing process and operational escalations.
• Experience with aspects of speech and language technology.
The regular work schedule will be from Monday to Friday, the working interval will be between 06:00 - 24:00. Amazon may unilaterally amend the above, depending on its business necessities.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Back to top