Team Manager - Critical Project Implementation (Data Center - Electrical/Mechanical)
- Dublin, Ireland
Please note this position can be based in Dublin, London, Paris, Frankfurt or Zaragoza
The Critical Projects Implementation (CPI) team is a project management and execution team that manages construction activity within the operational data center spaces. The CPI team is tasked with critical infrastructure improvement projects to optimize utilization of space, power, and cooling within operational data centers around the globe. These activities are outside of the scope of standard construction delivery and regular preventative maintenance tasks.
The CPI Team is seeking a Manager to oversee a team of Data Center Project Engineers and serve as a liaison between our internal operational and business customers. Ideal candidates are energetic, strategic thinkers, and possess the ability to develop and deploy innovative solutions to address team challenges. This role requires a hands on approach to management that starts with understanding the problem and working with customers and partners to solve it. The candidate will have a high bar for quality, must have written and verbal communication skills, and must be able to leverage data to drive improvements within their team. The scope of projects that the team will manage include improvement of electrical, mechanical, fire systems, and building automation systems. A fundamental understanding of these systems is required, as the manager will be expected to technically understand the work the team executes on a regular basis.
As the manager of this team, you will own aspects of the group's success, including the development & delivery of team goals, developing the careers of your team members and managing for performance, whilst ensuring the delivery of a large portfolio of projects that is consistently on time and within budget. You will be responsible for driving process improvement and standardization across your team whilst ensuring key project performance metrics are met. You will be required to manage the project workload and throughput of your team, prioritizing projects based on the impact to the business. You will be responsible for developing and sharing metrics that pertain to the team's deliverables as well as managing the teams' results against established deadlines. You will help drive improvements by working with partner teams to eliminate waste, increasing productivity and coach your team to do the same by delegating tasks and utilizing individual strengths.
If you are passionate about the Customer Experience; you think and act globally; and you want to contribute to the operational excellence of Amazon data centers, then this may be the challenge you have been looking for!
• 5+ Years managing and building teams including hiring, mentoring, and coaching
• 5+ Years of experience working in data centers or mission critical facilities
• 3+ Years of experience in contractor management
• 5+ Years managing a team of 5+ direct reports including hiring, mentoring/coaching, and developing top-performers; ability to think strategically and execute methodically
• Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment and ability to motivate yourself, your managers, and associates to deliver against deadlines
• Fundamental understanding of power distribution and data center mechanical cooling systems
• BA/BS in a technical discipline
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs, incorporate feedback, and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
• Significant experience successfully delivering results in a fast paced, dynamic environment
• Proven track record for developing a vision, defining a strategy, and building programs and features solving complicated problems with elegant, simple solutions
• High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• Ability to lead projects and help your team achieve goals. Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results.
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and decisions
• Experience managing and negotiating contracts and vendor relationships
Back to top