Unified Authorization is responsible for securing customer and corporate communication across all of Amazon. Whether it's the retail website, Alexa, or Kindle, we ensure actors are authenticated and authorized to take the requested action. Every aspect of Amazon's business interacts with our systems, including enabling the next generation of retail services on AWS infrastructure. As a global security provider, we're at the intersection of resiliency, availability, and the need to move at agile internet speed.
We are looking for software engineers who thrive on complex problems and relish the challenge of operating a complex and mission critical system under extreme loads. Our systems responds to millions of requests per minute. We develop security software for high availability systems. We make it easy for our customers to follow security best practices. Do you think you are up to the challenge and want to learn more to stretch your skills and career?
The successful candidate is expected to contribute to all parts of the software development and deployment lifecycle, including design, development, documentation, testing and operations. He or she must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, be self-driven, deliver high quality results in a fast paced environment, and really enjoy working closely with peers in a group of very talented engineers.
We're looking for people who are smart and can get things done. Though the following skill sets provide a good foundation for a quick ramp up to being productive in our Java, Linux and AWS based environment. We're looking for a range of experience, from brilliant and motivated new college graduates to technical leaders with scars and battle-tested wisdom.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience;
• 7+ years of System Development experience;
• Proven track record of building large-scale, highly available, low latency, high quality distributed systems and software products
• Experience with Agile Management (SCRUM, RUP, XP)
• Software development experience in Linux, Java,C++, C#, AWS, S3,
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
• Experience with large scale security, enterprise and web
• Working knowledge of major security and auth protocols (e.g. ssh, Kerberos, OAuth, OpenID Connect, TLS, etc.)
• Familiarity with cloud computing concepts and experience working in AWS
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.