Team Leader, New Seller Recruitment
- Tokyo, Japan
Amazon is seeking a dynamic and motivated Team Leader in Singapore for New Seller Recruitment for Amazon Singapore. He/she will be responsible for leading recruitment and growth of third-party Sellers across key product categories on Amazon Singapore marketplace. This includes leading a team of account managers to drive new Seller life cycle across lead generation and qualification, recruitment, account management and seller success/growth. The ideal candidate brings rich industry experience, strong leadership skills, relentless focus on the customers and a big vision to support business growth. He/she will be responsible for identifying and building relationships with key influencers and decision-makers within and outside of Amazon to identify growth opportunities and address frictions to help create compelling Amazon solutions that meet and exceed customer requirements.
Background on Amazon Seller Services: The Marketplace or "Selling on Amazon" business exists in 18 countries and exceeds 50% of total Amazon unit sales and growing. Each year, tens of thousands of businesses join the marketplace adding millions of new products. Amazon's vision is to offer the earth's largest product selection and lowest prices for our customers. One way we deliver on this vision is by marketing to local country Sellers to persuade them to launch their products onto the platform thereby maximizing the quantity of items that they list while ensuring the highest quality of product images and information.
Core responsibilities for this role include:
• Develop, own and deliver business goals and strategy for assigned categories and territories.
• Identify, onboard and grow Sellers, especially potential sales opportunities with long sales cycles, large deal value or high complexity.
• Craft strategy for identification and prioritization of leads and trains others.
• Influence internal and external stakeholders to drive change and improve Seller experience across the selling on Amazon lifecycle
• Participate in periodic business reviews with Amazon Executive Leadership. Own or provide inputs to business updates, review mechanisms and forecasts at the set cadence - weekly, monthly, quarterly or annually.
• Deep dive into business issues and opportunities impacting Seller experience and business performance; identify root causes and innovative solutions to address the issues.
• Hire and develop strong performing team of account managers; review team-wide training requirements and development needs.
• Develop a thorough understanding of the e-commerce industry and competitive environment including knowledge of competitive product offerings and markets.
• Be subject matter expert on market segments, Seller pain-points, Amazon programs and features, and key differentiators to identify and prioritize new opportunities for the team and self.
• Bachelor's degree in business, engineering or computer science or equivalent experience
• 10+ years of experience with a blend of Sales, marketing, business and product and/or program management roles
• Experience in people management
• MBA or relevant work experience
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
• Ability to interact at C-level with medium to large local and multinational companies
• Experience leading large diverse organizations and functions to deliver extraordinary results
• Superior analytical skills. Demonstrated ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems. In particular, identifying customer (buying and selling) needs and inventing new ways to meet those needs
• Demonstrated ability to operate both strategically and tactically in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
• High degree of organization and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
• Successful experience in hiring, people development, and managing large multi-level teams
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) and collaboration skills that will enable you to earn trust at all levels
Back to top