Amazon is seeking a Tax Manager to join its income tax provision and reporting team. The Amazon tax department is a fast-paced, team-focused, dynamic environment. This role will be focused Amazon's worldwide income tax accounting process for interim and annual reporting periods, thus giving this individual exposure to the challenging tax issues Amazon is facing globally.
• Prepare analytics that are communicated to external auditors and finance management team
• Prepare and maintain income tax provision calculations and supporting schedules for Amazon's worldwide group
• Modeling and analysis of the tax provision impact of various financial results and tax position scenarios
• Application of income tax reporting guidance (ASC 740) to different fact patterns and/or transactions in order to determine the appropriate U.S. GAAP accounting
• Monitor changes in global tax laws and/or financial reporting guidance to ensure income tax impact is properly considered and reported.
• Participate in tax provision process optimization, develop and implement procedural changes and/or processes to improve tax reporting function (including enhanced automation).
• Liaise with cross-functional teams and business partners to obtain appropriate information
• 7+years multinational corporate tax experience
• BA/BS in accounting or equivalent
• ASC 740 income tax accounting knowledge and experience preferred
• CPA and MST or equivalent preferred
• Big 4 and/or combination with technology industry experience preferred
• Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to operate in a fast paced, ever changing environment
• Strong organizational skills, including the ability to multitask and prioritize deadlines
• Strong data and analytical skills
• Self-starter and team player
• Strong experience with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and other Microsoft Office applications
• Corptax Provision, Workiva Wdesk, Oracle, Hyperion Essbase and Cognos are a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us