Tax Manager - Tax Engine Services
- Seattle, WA
At Amazon, our vision is to be Earth's most customer-centric company. Our passion for invention leads us to pioneer and globalize new businesses and customer solutions daily. Amazon seeks a Tax Manager to be a key member of our Global Tax Calculation Services Program.
The Global Tax Calculation Services Program is comprised of tax professionals and software engineers that are responsible for providing end-to-end global transaction tax calculation solutions (sales and use taxes, value-added taxes, good and services taxes, and other consumption taxes) to Amazon and thousands of other merchants selling on Amazon marketplaces and other e-commerce platforms.
This position is focused primarily on VAT in the EMEA region but there may be opportunities for broader exposure to transaction taxes in other regions, e.g. Asia-Pacific, North America and Latin America.
Primary job duties include:
- Reviewing new business initiatives and scoping any effect on existing transaction tax calculation processes and systems;
- Providing subject matter expertise to various business and IT organizations to include Business Development, Marketing, Legal, Customer Service, and various product groups;
- Manage relationship with outside service providers;
- Providing end-to-end VAT calculation requirements for projects and business initiatives;
- Actively participating in projects throughout their lifecycle from design through delivery;
- Developing, supporting and providing ongoing maintenance and enhancements to tax calculation software;
- Product taxability research across a wide range of categories;
- Involvement in general VAT issues such as research related to tax calculation and compliance, tax collection responsibilities, and other advanced e-commerce topics.
- 5+ years of international VAT/GST experience;
- 5+ years of experience maintaining and operating transaction tax calculation and compliance software (e.g. Synchro, Systax, Vertex, ONESOURCE);
- BA/BS Degree.
This position requires extensive interaction with all of the company's business units, so any candidate should be able to work well with cross functional teams.
- Experience working in a large public accounting firm or multi-national corporate tax department;
- Project management experience;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Strong bias for action and ability to prioritize;
- Very comfortable working in a fast-paced and continually changing environment;
- A team oriented, customer-centric attitude;
- Highly organized, self-motivated and detail oriented;
- The ability to conceptualize and manage multiple projects.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top