Tax Manager - CapEx
- Arlington, VA
Amazon is seeking a Tax Manager to join its Direct Tax Reporting group within the Worldwide Capital Expenditures (CapEx) team. The CapEx team is on the forefront of all of Amazon's business expansions. This position will work closely with the Business, Global Real Estate, Finance, and Accounting teams to understand each Amazon business; how different types of assets are used, and monetized. The variety and number of Amazon's assets is unparalleled. Come help us manage the global tax accounting of assets as varied as fulfillment and data centers, retail stores, and transportation equipment. This position will also integrate "cloud-based" and other leading technologies to automate and manage the full lifecycle of Amazon's assets at scale.
The mission of the Tax CapEx Team is to timely, accurately, and efficiently report the income tax impact of global CapEx to our internal customers.
The Tax Manager will apply advanced knowledge of US federal, US state, US outbound, foreign local country tax, and income tax accounting rules in communicating the income tax reporting results of transactions involving leased assets both real estate and equipment.
The Amazon Tax Department is a fast-paced, team-focused, dynamic environment in which an organized, self-starter with excellent communication and project management skills will be successful.
- Manage and review reporting of lease related tax adjustments across jurisdictions.
- Manage and review forecasting of lease related tax adjustments across jurisdictions.
- Research and document appropriate tax accounting methods as they relate to new business initiatives and transactions involving leased assets.
- Advance process changes required by ASC 842 / IFRS 16 adoption.
- Identify, implement, and manage process improvements which increase scalability and standardization of data.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from an accredited institution with a focus in accounting or similar.
- 7+ years of income tax experience.
- Intermediate understanding of ASC 842 / IFRS 16
- Intermediate understanding of tax accounting methods for leases
- Intermediate understanding of ASC 740
- CPA and/or MST preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills, specifically with managing large data within MS Excel or Access.
- Previous public accounting experience.
- Experience interacting with outside service providers.
- Self-starter with ability to prioritize tasks and independently define, implement, and manage creation of new processes.
- RIA, CCH and other research software or tax planning software.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top